Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Project List

Projects. Where do I even begin? 

I have a million projects floating around in my head that I would like to accomplish. I mean who doesn't?! But realistically speaking, I know I can't accomplish all of them by the end of the year. So I need to prioritize. 

A lot of the projects I want to work on, have to do with preserving things that are very important to me and my family. After my Mom passed away, I brought home probably three boxes worth of pictures. And while letting them sit in the box requires way less time and effort, I don't want to take the chance that something may happen and they could be lost forever. Especially after my Dad almost lost his house to a fire earlier this year, it made me realize even more how much this needs to be done. 

I looked into the cost of having someone do it for me. I wanted to find someone local because I was worried about placing all of my pictures in the mail. That took a bit of time to even find someone local. But when I did, I quickly realized that it was going to more expensive than I even imagined. At $0.39 cents a photo, it was going to add up very quickly. 

So I did a little research and I bought a printer/scanner a few weeks ago, so now I need to start taking an hour or two every week to start scanning and sorting all of these photos. My hope is to be able to put them all on an external hard drive and put that in a fire safe so that if something ever does happen, we still have a digital copy of everything we had. I know this is going to take some time to complete. And to be honest I was hoping to have already gotten started on this one, but that has not happened. I know part of that is because I just can't bring myself to go through all of those pictures. But with time and some healing, I know I will get to it. 

Another project that I have been wanting to work on for years is going through all of my Mom's old cookbooks and recreating them. I had her cookbooks prior to her passing and they are falling apart. Pages are trying to fall out, the bindings are breaking, some recipes are barely readable because of things being spilled on them. You know, the usual things that happen when you constantly use and bake with the cookbook open. But I don't want to simply re-type them and bind them. I want to still use the old pages that hold all the love that she poured into each recipe she made. I want to be able to open that recipe and remember all the great times I had baking and cooking with her. I need to find a creative way to do that. I also have a few recipes of hers that aren't in those that I want to be able to add to it. Anyone have any creative suggestions for this?

I have a bunch of other mini projects that won't take as much time, but these two are the ones that I want to get done. They have sentimental value and that's a big driving factor. I'm hoping that as I get more and more of it completed that it will drive me to work harder to get them done.  Here's to hoping that I can complete these sometime this year. I know if I do, it will make me feel better. And who doesn't want to feel better. It's a win win! 


 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-234-59B4E91DA361E9CB413AD202373294FB.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR