Thursday, May 10, 2018

Accountability? Who Has Time For That?

Accountability. Great word, but I'm not so great at it. I'm gonna be honest, I know that I am struggling. Struggling with my eating. Struggling with consistently working out. That whole health and fitness area of my life is a mess.

I honestly never thought that I would be struggling again in this area. I had gotten my life together in this aspect. I was rocking it. And then all of a sudden I wasn't. I'm not even sure what happened that derailed me so badly. But it did and here I am once again feeling completely uncomfortable in my own skin. So uncomfortable that I have even been afraid to get back on the scale. I did a few months ago and I was back up over 180 lbs. WHAT?!!!! Yeah, that was a big eye opener. I need to get this shiz under control again. 

I've started focusing a lot on what I am eating. Trying to make better decisions. Trying to stay within my calories. The one thing that I am having a hard time giving up is coffee. That sweet delicious drink that keeps me from going bat shit crazy through out the day at work. I've switched to sugar free though, so that at least has cut some calories out, but I need to try and work on limiting it to once or twice a week instead of every day. Not only that, but it would be a huge cost savings as well. 

I've been trying to get back into the swing of consistent workouts too. We've been hiking a lot more and I know that is a big help. But my weight lifting three to four times a week hasn't been as consistent. So that is a big focus and goal for me for the next few weeks is to get back to those consistent workouts. I think once I get back into a good routine, hopefully I will get back to that mindset of loving my workouts and not wanting to skip them. And I know the weight will start coming off when that happens. 

It's a process and I'm taking the right steps, but it is going to take some time. I have to remember that part. It's not going to happen over night. It didn't happen overnight last time and I just need to trust myself and the process going forward. Here's to getting back on track! 


 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-234-59B4E91DA361E9CB413AD202373294FB.png



1 comment:

  1. Girl, life is rough and you have had plenty going on. It's hard enough being consistent when nothing is happening. You got this though. You did it once, you can totally do it again! (As I say this eating something crappy for lunch...)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR