Friday, February 17, 2012

Firm Friday: Week 5

So I suck at life and completely missed last weeks Firm Friday. Sorry guys! Work was just too hectic to be able to get on here and write about it. Even though part of me was glad because last week was a pretty craptastic week for me as far as the dieting goes.

Anywho, I am back this week and I am ready to link up with K Law from First Name Smith for Firm Fridays once again!! Here goes!!


So like I said, last week was HORRIBLE!! I had two friends and a Hubby who all had Birthdays on a different day of the week, so needless to say there were cookies and brownies consumed and it didn't do much for me on the scale. Oops!! But I got my butt back on track this week and things are starting to go well again!

I went to the gym Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday so far this week. And each time I keep telling myself that I need to kick my own butt more and more. And I am starting to find more ways to do this. Yay me! Interval running on the treadmill has kind of been my thing here recently. I burn more calories doing the intervals than if I were to just do say 30 minutes on a bike. 

My eating habits are starting to get better. And I have been coming in under my daily goal of calories almost every day. And as far as my calorie deficit goes, I have been doing pretty good with meeting that as well. Some days I am way over and some days I am barely there, but I am meeting the deficit and that is all that matters!!

The goal that I set for myself for doing the stairs at work three times a day is going okay I guess. Some days I do great, others not so much. It really has all depended on how busy I am and if I can make the time to get my butt over to the stairs. This past week however I decided to try a different approach. There is a set of stairs by the bathrooms so every time that I have to go to the bathroom I go do the stairs first because I figured if I have to go to the bathroom that badly, I will do the stairs pretty quickly. And then I go to the bathroom and then when I am done, I go do the stairs again. It's not rocket science or anything, but it seems to be working.

Another change I have made at work is that I replaced this...


with this...


It helps me to not be so lazy. With my chair I could roll anywhere. I could roll to my filing cabinets, or another section of my desk. I was just being plain lazy. But with the exercise ball, I can't really roll anywhere unless I want to fall flat on my face, so it is definitely making me get up and move around more and it helps with my posture and my core!

My new goal for this upcoming week is to really try and cut back on my sodium intake. You don't realize how much sodium you are consuming until you put it into writing. So this week I need to cut back and see if that helps me to lose any more weight. 

Okay, onto the good stuff. As far as weight goes. I haven't gained or lost any since the last Firm Friday two weeks ago. I am exactly the same. That is great since I didn't do so hot last week. I finally took some measurements a few weeks ago and now have some new measurements to compare it to. So here they are:

Starting    2/16/2012
   L    R         L   R
Arms 16.5" 16.5" Arms 15.75" 15.5"
Legs 30" 30" Legs 29" 29"
Chest 45.5" Chest 44"
Natural Waist 36.5" Natural Waist 35.5"
Waist at Belly Button 41" Waist at Belly Button 41"
Hips 50" Hips 49"
Neck 14.75" Neck 14"


So I have lost about an inch on both arms and legs. I have lost an inch and a half on my chest. Thank the lord! My chest is way too big! I have lost an inch around my natural waist, and an inch on my hips! And I have lost almost an inch around my neck.

I am very proud of what I have accomplished so far. I need to keep working harder though if I want to win that $300 from my work for our Biggest Loser competition. I already have ideas for that money. I have to win!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Way to stay on track! I love to workout, but the eating is always the hardest for me. So the fact that you're consistently coming in UNDER your calorie goal is pretty impressive :-)

    (I'm a new follower from Firm Friday :-))

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR