Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Recap

Hello there! Welcome to this gawd awful day we call Monday. Anybody else have a hard time getting out of bed this morning? Yeah, it was pretty rough!

This weekend was pretty busy, even though we didn't really have any major plans. It was just a lot of running around. Friday I left work and headed straight to my session with my trainer. After he kicked my ass, I headed home and went for a short run around our neighborhood. It felt great to get out and run. By the time I was getting back to the house, the Husband was just getting home, so we decided to run and grab some dinner real quick. After dinner we went to Best Buy and Kohls and did a little bit of shopping. We topped off the night by going home and watching some TV. Pretty uneventful night. 

Saturday morning I got up kind of early, got some breakfast and then headed to the Y to meet my SIL and my Brother for a workout. I showed my SIL a weight lifting workout. I told her she was probably going to hate me the next day. I was right, haha! After the workout I ran a few errands with them and then headed down to my friend V's house to see her and her family for a little bit. After hanging out there I headed home to grab my grocery list and my bags and then did our grocery shopping for the weekend. I also went to a few stores to try and find a shirt to wear for our family pictures. With no luck in finding a shirt I did our grocery shopping and then headed home. 

We were supposed to go out for date night Saturday night, but we were both so tired that we decided to just get dinner and then head home. We went to Kneaders and then went home and watched some TV. I couldn't believe how tired I was. And the Husband was the same way. It was 9:30 and I was trying to not fall asleep. On a Saturday. Yeah, we're lame. Whatevs!

Sunday I was up early again. I was meeting my trainer at Red Rocks Open Space at 9 am to do some hiking and cardio. We are only six weeks out from Tough Mudder, so we are trying to kick our training into high gear so that we are as prepared as possible. It was a great hike. He took me back on some trails that I didn't even know existed, so next time the Husband and I go hiking back there, I can take him on those. It was a great workout. And I am slowly getting my shoes for Tough Mudder broken in. They are still rubbing on my heels a bit, but I think with some better socks they are going to be just fine. 


After hiking I headed to Gordmans to try and find something to wear for our pictures. Still no luck. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but then our pictures got cancelled because of the rain, so I guess there was a reason that I wasn't finding anything. I will just have to keep looking. After leaving Gordman's I headed home to meet the Husband and we immediately left to go meet his parent's for some coffee. We spent a good hour or so catching up with his parents and enjoying our coffee. Then it was time to run a few more errands and then head home for the evening. 

Like I said, no real big plans just lots of running around. Next weekend however is going to be nuts, so I am glad that I got to rest a little bit this weekend. Hope you all had a great weekend!


Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR