Sunday, January 30, 2011

Crazy Nieces!

This past Friday I had the great privilege of having my two adorable nieces over for the night. My nieces are four and two and they are the cutest things ever but they can be a handful at times too. Our night consisted of watching about four minutes of Pocahontas, a couple episodes of Caillou, Wonder Pets, and Olivia. We also played on the Wii. My oldest niece MaKenzi loves playing the bowling game so we played a few games with her. They also decided that they really like the Just Dance 2 game for the Wii because MaKenzi's favorite song, "Tik Tok" by Ke$ha is on there. A four year old who likes Ke$ha? I know, it is crazy but she can just about sing every word to that song. Not to mention that MaKenzi and Kelsi both love to dance. I swear they are going to be cheerleaders or on the dance team when they get older. It is so freaking adorable to watch them though.
So after a long night of games and TV, I made a delicious dessert for us all to eat. Cinnamon apples with vanilla bean ice cream. Oooh! That is a good recipe for me to put up! I will do that soon. So after dessert we went to bed. Of course I had to tell them a couple of stories before they would go to sleep. They only like to hear stories about princesses right now because they are in that stage where they love princesses and dress up so I told them very short versions of Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and what I could remember of Sleeping Beauty. They slowly fell asleep after that. I would like to think that it was my amazing story telling skills. Haha! Overall, I had such a great night with my two favorite girls in the world. I love spending time with them and they can always put a smile on my face. The things that they say sometimes are so freaking cute that you can't help but want to laugh. With everything that is going on in my life right now, it is the little things like spending time with my nieces that makes everything easier to get through. I thought sharing this fun night with you might bring a smile to your face and make something in your day that much easier as well.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to tell you "THANK YOU!" for giving Brent and I a night out. We never get a chance to go out and be the mid-20's type people, ever... And you and Aran always give us that chance of happening. They love spending time with their favorite aunt & uncle. Plus it is all good practice when you have your own kids and Brent and I take them them for a night while you two go out and be "single" for an evening. Haha, love you so much Meme! Bestest Sister EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR