Thursday, October 6, 2011

Table Number Idea

For a while now Aran and I have been discussing how we want to do our table numbers. I didn't want to just have table numbers. I wanted something fun and very us that our guests would remember. We have had our thinking caps on for some time now and just have not been able to come up with anything that just screams "Hey! This is what you are supposed to do!"


The other day I was talking with my co-worker and I was telling her about the table number dilemma and she started thinking about it and within a few minutes she came up with such an amazing idea that fits Aran and I both so well.

I know that I have mentioned it before, but I will tell you guys again that Aran and I love movies! We love sitting at home and watching movies or even going to the movies. Old movies from the 30's, 40's, and 50's are some of my favorites. My Grandma and I used to watch old movies together all of the time and she is a big part of the reason that I love these types of movies so much.

Well, my co-worker suggested that we assign each table a different love movie. As soon as she said it, I knew it was what we should do. After telling Aran he agreed too! He loved the idea and we started talking about what movies we would use. We have so far decided that they will definitely be older movies and we want to print out small pictures that are the original movie poster of each movie and have those framed and placed on the place card table and then we will have the place cards of all of the people that will be at that table in front of that poster/picture.

There are two things that we still have to figure out. They are a) which movies we are going to be using. We have a pretty good list going, but at the same time, we don't know how many tables we will have just yet, so that is kind of at a stand still. And b) we are trying to decide if we want to have the movie poster/picture on the actual table or if we just want to print the title of the movie so that it doesn't clash so bad with the rest of the table.

What do you guys think we should do? Should we do the picture? Or just print the title out? What are you doing for your table numbers?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I would say just the title :) Then the picture will not be distracting from the table design/decor.
    Aunt Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say use the title. Also create a seating chart so guests know where the tables are. It's a lot harder to find names than numbers. I was just at a wedding and it seriously took us 10 minutes to find "Paris" because there wasn't a "map" in the lobby.
    I'm a new follower! Found you through Saying "I Do"!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR