Thursday, January 24, 2013

Frustrated Beyond Belief

I don't even know if the word frustrated covers how I am feeling today. I'm upset, frustrated, stressed and a ton of other things.

I told you guys that I took Louie to the Vet on Monday. Well they gave him some antibiotics and some fluids to re-hydrate him. Within 24 hours he was feeling a millions times better. He was eating and drinking again. He was playing with his toys. He was a little fur ball of energy. He seemed to be doing fine. And then this morning happened.

I woke up at around 5 am and realized he wasn't in the bed with us anymore. So I went downstairs and found him curled up under the table. This isn't normal for him. He almost always stays in the bed and usually sleeps while we are getting ready in the morning. I let him go outside to do his business and then when he came back in, he didn't want to go back to bed. So I picked him up and took him upstairs with me. I noticed immediately that he was hot to the touch again. I mean usually he is pretty warm, but he felt like he was burning up. 

We went back to bed for a little bit and then when it was time to actually get up, I couldn't get him to move. He didn't want to lift his head or anything. I had to physically pick him up and pull him off the bed. Even then he didn't want to go down stairs. He crawled underneath the bed and wouldn't come out. Finally we were able to get him out from under the bed. We took him downstairs and took his temperature. He was at 103.9. The high end of normal for a dog is 102.5, so he is definitely running a fever. 

At this point I started freaking out. I hate that he doesn't feel good and I hate that I can't do anything to help him. So I called the Vet on my way to work and told them what is going on, and they recommended that I bring him in this afternoon. They are going to have to do some blood work to see what is going on. So we are looking at another $160 this afternoon. Ugh!!!! 

It's hard because I am stressing out about the cost of all of this, but I know that we have to do this because our pupper needs to feel better. He is my kid and I am going to do whatever it takes to make him feel better, but the cost associated with that just makes me super stressed out. Thank God we have an emergency fund for things like this, but it still stresses me out. 

I guess the upside to all of this is that I get to leave work at 1 pm today. Yay for a half day of work. Well, with that being said, I should probably actually get something done. Hope you guys are having a great Thursday.



  1. AWww poor guy! I hate when they aren't feeling well. They can't talk to you so it is all expensive guess work. I do the same thing. Freak about the cost, but I would never NOT spend the money. Hoping he feels better soon. Keep me posted!!!

  2. how frustrating, I don't think they should charge you again if you have to come right back a day or two later! Hope he gets feeling better (for good) soon!


Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)