Tuesday, January 15, 2013

When You Hit That Wall

Have you ever wanted to change something about yourself so badly, but for some reason just couldn't do it? I have been struggling with that my whole life. The one thing I want to change about myself is my weight. I know it isn't healthy, but yet I can't seem to bring myself to do much about it.

I have always been this way. I am what you would call a yo yo person. I lose some weight, then I put it back on. I have been like this my whole life. I don't know why, I just have. 

Sunday night though, I hit a wall. I seriously had the biggest breakdown/meltdown I have ever had about my weight. And it really made me see just how much I want to change the way that I eat and live. 

So, I am here to tell all of you that I am going to change the way I eat and live. I am going to start eating healthier foods. I am going to start exercising again. 

And actually, I have already started. I have already started watching what I am eating. I am logging my calories and exercise with MyFitnessPal. (Follow me! My username is mdelliott12) I am getting my butt back in the Gym starting tonight with Zumba class. 

And I am taking the time to read a few books on nutrition and how I should be eating to lose weight. I am currently reading Bob Harper's "The Skinny Rules" and Women's Health "The New ABS Diet for Women." My Husband read "The ABS Diet" book that is geared towards men and has lost 30 lbs and kept it off for over a year. 

This is the first time that I feel like I am actually making a change that I am going to stick with for the rest of my life. I have a fire lit in me and I seriously want this more than anything right now. I want to be healthy and I want to feel good about myself. I want to feel beautiful, not just wish that I was. 

And I hope that you guys can help encourage me and cheer me on through this life change. And if you are wanting to make the same change, let me know and we can encourage and help each other. 

It is a new day and it is always a great day to get better!!

Megan

6 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to hit bottom to come back up. I remember crying over our engagements pictures. That was my moment. I felt horrible about myself. You can do this girl! I'm here if you need anything! Advice, support, ass kicking. Just name it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the luck with this journey. I need to get in gear as well, but I'm still working on getting over that hump to find the motivation.

    Here is a blog I've been reading for a long time and love. I think you may like it too. She's not perfect but she story is really awesome. http://www.healthyberg.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy! I will definitely check out that blog. And I am here for moral support if you ever need it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Good for you, Megan! I know exactly what you're talking about with hitting the wall. I'm always pressuring myself to try and lose weight but the minute it gets tough, I quit. Good for you for wanting to make the change - I'm right there with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! It is hard but you can do it! I am trying to lose some weight too and it is not easy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR