Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lifestyle Change Update AKA Me Trying to Get Healthy

It's been about three weeks(or more?) since my "I Hit A Wall Post", so I thought I would give you guys an update on how all of that is going. 

Well as of today I am down 4.2 lbs. I am happy and not happy about that. I know that I can do better, but at the same time, 4 lbs in threeish weeks is still pretty damn good. 

I am eating healthier, except for the occasional cheat meal. Which needs to stop. I mean it is good to cheat every once in a while, or else you will go crazy. But, I need to find a way to have a cheat meal that is indulgent, but not so horrible at the same time. I say that because once I get a taste of what I have been missing, I just want to go back to it. I am talking to you Qdoba Queso and Chips! And you Chick-Fil-A!!!

I am almost halfway through Bob Harper's Skinny Rules. It is kind of crazy actually reading about why you should eat differently or why you should eat certain things as opposed to others. Actually knowing the reason behind it and why it is better for you seems to be helping me want to make the change even more. Probably because I don't do well with someone saying to me, "You can't have that!", because I will just turn around and say "Watch me!" Stubborn much? Nah!

I have actually been exercising quite a bit. I am doing Zumba at least three times a week, sometimes more. Like this week for instance, I have plans to do Zumba five times. I think I am slightly addicted and may have a problem! Just a little one though. Something that I am struggling with though is lifting weights. I desperately need to add weights to my workouts and just haven't done it. Probably because I don't know what the eff I am doing when I am in a weight room. I seriously feel like a fish out of water. Any suggestions?

Something that I want to accomplish this weekend is to print out a bunch of the inspirational pictures that I have been pinning on Pinterest. I want to hang them up all over the place so that I am reminded of what I am trying to accomplish. 

So far, I would say I am doing pretty well. But is there room for TONS of improvement? Absolutely! It's a great day to get better! 



Megan

2 comments:

  1. I started Weight Watchers three weeks ago and I'm down about three pounds, I've sucked at working out but I've been good about the food I've been eating.

    The inspirational quotes and pictures are what has been helping me, and hanging my skinny jeans in front of the treadmill where I am forced to stare at them when I work out.

    My cravings for bad food like junk snacks have decreased and Sunday is my cheat day, though there are times when you just need a little piece of chocolate or SOMETHING!

    Hang in there, it will get easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be bummed about 4.2 pounds, that is awesome! If you just keep up with Zumba and keeping the cheat meals in check, you'll surely continue getting results. Either way, you should be proud of making the positive changes you've made thus far! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR