Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Girl Needs Her Accessories

Every girl needs her accessories! And I was no exception to that on our wedding day. Looking for and actually purchasing my accessories however was way more difficult than I expected it to be.

I couldn't find quite what I was looking for most of the time, but after scowering Etsy for what seemed like days, I found my jewelry. The Etsy seller I bought my jewelry from is called Treasures and the owner, Agnes who makes the jewelry does an amazing job. She was so easy to work with and she was very quick in getting me my necklace and earrings. If you are looking for anything for an upcoming wedding, I highly suggest checking out her shop on Etsy.









My veil was also something that I had a difficult time with. I didn't want anything too crazy or expensive. I just wanted a one layer elbow length veil with some pearls or crystals on it. I also wanted to be able to have a few lace butterflies put on it in memory of my Grandparents who had passed. I didn't think I was asking too much but some people just wanted an outrageous amount of money that I was not willing to pay. I finally found another seller on Etsy who said she could do all of this for under $70. Sold! Angela from the Etsy shop abusymother did a great job on it. I loved how it turned out.





My shoes on the other hand were a little bit easier. I knew I wanted them to be pink and glittery and be flats because this girl does not do heels well. So I originally purchased a pair of pink glitter flats from Zappos!, but they were too narrow. So I sent those back and bought another pair that I had found on Ebay. Here is the best part, I only paid $10 for these and they fit perfectly and were so comfortable!!!!





And quite possibly my favorite accessory of the entire day was the hooded cape that my Mom crocheted for me. I knew that with the wedding being in January that it was going to be cold and could possibly even snow and I didn't want to have to put a big bulky jacket over my gorgeous dress. So one day I found this pattern for a hooded cape that my Mom had once had years ago and I sent it to her. She did an amazing job on it and I am so thankful that she took the time to make it for me because it did snow and it was perfect. It even made some of our pictures look even better!!!!! So thanks Mom!! You are amazing and I love you!





Were you obsessed with finding the perfect accessories like I was? Did you find it difficult to find what you wanted? Or was it pretty easy?

Photobucket

Need to catch up?


Arrivals
Hunting Down Tuxedos
A Morning of Getting Beautified
Venue Set Up
A Rehearsal & A Dinner
Bridal Party Gifts Part 1
Bridal Party Gifts Part 2
Bridal Party Gifts Part 3
Getting Ready-Hair & Make-Up
Getting Dressed: The Groom & His Fellas
Getting Dressed: The Flower Girls
Getting Dressed: The Bride & Her Ladies 
The Ceremony 
Formal Photos 
Photo Fun: The Groom & His Fellas 
Photo Fun: The Bride & Her Ladies
Photo Fun in the Snow


1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean - I was also obsessed with finding the perfect jewelry! I figured I'd have time the day of the wedding to go through some options with my bridesmaids - nope! I just went with my first choice and done. I love your cape! It is gorgeous with your dress and the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR