Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday

It's time for Weigh-In Wednesday! Brought to you by me!


I had a big fat epic fail this weekend. I will say this, I am not perfect. I have never claimed to be and will never ever say that I am. And this past Sunday proved that. My trainer wanted me to have a cheat day to throw a wrench into the works. It is supposed to help kick start your metabolism. I do this every so often anyways so I thought nothing of it. Well I apparently cheated a little too hard on Sunday. And I was feeling it. I didn't feel good at all. It made me realize why I quit eating that way to begin with. And when I got on the scale Monday morning and was up almost 5 lbs, I had a minor panic attack. And was about to burst into tears.

A zillion thoughts raced through my head. How could I let myself do that? Why did I have that slice of pizza? I should have only had one cheat meal instead of a whole day of cheating. You name it, it was going through my head. I was pissed. I was pissed at myself for doing what I did. And I continued to beat myself up for it all day on Monday which led to me being in a shitty mood. The only thing that put me in a better mood was when I went to Zumba. It is crazy how one workout can change your entire mood. 


So here's what I learned from Sunday. Again, I am not perfect and I will screw up from time to time. It's bound to happen. I also learned that I don't enjoy eating like that any more either. When you are shoving your face full of un-healthy food and telling yourself the whole time that you shouldn't be eating this, you know you have changed your ways. Does that mean I don't want the occasional piece of chocolate or Oreo from time to time? Absolutely not! But that doesn't mean I can't have them in moderation every now and then. Moderation! That is the key!!!

I am happy to say that I am down four lbs from my binge eating this weekend and only up one from where I was last Wednesday. I will take that. I am usually at a + or - 1 to 2 lbs on a daily basis, so I am back within my range of where I should be. 

Still going strong on my workouts. I swear I live at the gym anymore. I spend more time at the gym than I feel like I spend with my Husband some days. But I don't think he minds ;) 

Other than my awful eating on Sunday I have gotten back on track. I have found some new snacks that are lower calorie and filling me up more. I discovered cucumber slices dipped in guacamole and oh my eff! Deliciousness! Overall things are going well. I need to remember not to beat myself up so much when I slip up. I'm human and it happens. But the best thing I can do is pick myself up and move on with my life and remember that every day is a new day and always a great day to get better!

Megan

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to figure out what your body wants. I always find myself losing nothing, losing nothing, and then I have a couple of glasses of wine one night and BOOM, loss. Then I go back to being good and gain. Or not. It's annoying! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR