Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Weekend Recap

Hello lovelies! These last couple of days have been very hectic, so sorry for the delay on this post. So much happened this weekend though that I knew that I couldn't skip recapping my weekend.

Friday was a big day in my family. It was my oldest Niece's 6th Birthday and my Step Dad's Birthday. So I left work around 1:30 to go pick up some balloons and flowers for my Niece and then met my SIL at their house so we could go up and surprise her at school. We went to her school and took her class cupcakes and of course I gave her the balloons and flowers that I got her. 

While we were handing out cupcakes to her class, her teacher was still teaching, or trying to anyways(the kids were pretty excited for the cupcakes) and he was asking them questions about force. Well he asks them "What force is in our lives everyday?" So my Niece raises her hand and he calls on her and she says "Gravity." Which was completely correct btw, but I don't think I even knew what gravity was as a 6 year old. My Niece is such a smart little girl! 

After we left Kenzi's class, we headed back to my SIL's house to get ready for the actual Birthday party that night. Once everyone arrived, she opened her presents. And man, what a spoiled little girl, haha! She got tons of great games, art supplies and toys. After the presents had been ripped apart opened, it was time to sing Happy Birthday and eat some cake. And of course the cake was delicious! After that Aran and I headed to the gym and then headed home. 


Saturday was a very busy day! I got up and got ready for the day and then headed out to my friend Victoria's for her little girls 1st Birthday party. I got there a little early and helped set up decorations and food. And then the guests started arriving and the party started. She opened presents and of course ate some delicious cake and made a complete mess(that's the best part!) She seemed to really enjoy her 1st Birthday.


After the Birthday party I headed back home to get ready for the Hubby's Company Christmas party. This was the first time that we have ever had something like this to go to so we were kind of excited. So we got all dressed up and headed over to the hotel where it was being held. 

My friend Megan works with my Hubby and one of our other friends, Bret also works there too, so it was nice that we knew some people. We ate dinner and watched some of the other co workers play Holiday inspired games and overall had a really good time. The food was not very good, but we ate anyways because we were starving. We also won a door prize!!!


Sunday was seriously one of the best days ever! I woke up around 6:30 to up 2" of snow! I ran outside to go look at it and our house looked beautiful with the Christmas lights on all covered in snow. So naturally I took some pictures. Everything about that morning just felt like Christmas to me. So I went back inside and I plugged our tree in and I turned on White Christmas(only one of the best Christmas movies evahhhhhhh!) and I cuddled up on the couch and watched it. Everything that happened on Sunday morning just put me in an amazing mood and definitely gave me some Christmas spirit!


We were out doing some shopping later in the day when we got a phone call from our Realtor and long time friend. When I was out at her Granddaughters Birthday party the day before, she had asked me if I was interested in taking one of their dogs. I told her I would have to talk to the Hubs and get back to her. So after talking to the Hubs I emailed her and told her that we would gladly take him if they were in fact serious about wanting to give him to us. 

So....................WE GOT A DOG!!!! His name is Louie and he is a 2 year old Yorkie and just the most adorable thing ever! We love him so much already and have only had him for two days. Our kitties aren't real sure about him yet, but they are starting to warm up to him. I can't even tell you how excited we were and how excited we still are! He is a great dog and an even better cuddle bug!


And that was essentially our weekend! It was very busy, but it was amazing! Oh, and I almost forgot, I finally found another one of the ornaments I was looking for!!


Pretty cool, huh?! I took a sharpie and wrote the address of our house on the back so that we can always remember our first home together!

How was everyone else's weekend? Did you do anything exciting?



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. YOU WERE UP AT 6:30 ON A SUNDAY?!?!?! What are you crazy?!?!?! Haha. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BTW!!!! Hope it is a great one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louie!!! SO cute!!!! And your work party dress is fabulous! and the snow! ahh, such a fun weekend, glad it was so eventful!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR