Friday, September 6, 2013

Food Frustration & Cooking Nights

Recently I was having a conversation with my friend, who I will call KB, about how we are frustrated with food. We are both trying to eat healthier and exercise more, so naturally this topic comes up quite often. 

We started talking about how we get so burnt out on the healthier foods that we do know how to prepare and then feel like we don't have anything to make for dinner because we are so sick of the same thing over and over again. We also discussed how we have to give up so many things that we like to eat like Taco Bell or Chick-Fil-a and that without anything good to replace them, we still find ourselves wanting those types of food in our life. And obviously if you are wanting to eat healthy, exercise and actually lose weight, you can't have those types of food in your diet. 

After talking about these things for a while, we decided to start having a cooking night once or twice a month. We are going to start searching the internet(probably Pinterest) for healthy recipes that could act as alternatives to some of the foods that we miss and crave on a regular basis. We will make these recipes, maybe even tweak them a bit, and see what we like and don't like. And if we do find a recipe that we like, we can then add it to our repertoire of meals that we can make, enjoy, and not feel bad about eating. 


Here is where I would love to hear from you guys. I would love for you to submit your favorite healthy recipes for us to try our hand at. The only two things that I ask is that they 1) don't have bread in them or have some type of bread substitute and 2) they don't contain potatoes, unless it is sweet potatoes. Those are two of the main things that we have both tried to take out of our diets so we are trying to find alternatives to these even. 

If you have a recipe to submit, please email it to the address that is listed on the Contact link on the top of this page. And of course if you submit a recipe and we cook it on one of our nights, I will definitely be blogging about it so that you guys can see how it turned out. 

I can't wait to see what we come up with and how many great new recipes we will find in the process. 


Megan

1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVE sharing recipes!

    When Chris and I are trying to eat healthier, I usually make a big thing of hummus and keep this in the fridge for us to snack on:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/real-hummus/detail.aspx

    Butternut squash fries are great for this time of year:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/butternut-squash-fries/detail.aspx

    And I really enjoyed these buffalo cauliflower bites a few months ago. (I just used regular milk and butter, not coconut)
    http://www.theveganversion.com/2013/01/buffalo-cauliflower-bites.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR