Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hawaii Days 7-10

Okay so I know fours days in one post is a lot, but after your best friend gives birth to the most beautiful little girl, you don't really go out and do anything. 

A few hours after Lou gave birth and we had plenty of time to take in Baby G, Lou's Husband took us home to get some sleep. I mean we had all been up since the morning before with little to no sleep at all. So to say that we were tired is a huge understatement. Although because of all the excitement and adrenaline due to Baby G's arrival, we barely noticed how tired we were until we got in the car to make the trip back to their place. 

We grabbed some food on the way and I immediately scarfed it down and then within probably twenty minutes, I passed out. Lou's Husband headed back to the hospital to stay with her and Baby G for the night. Which was fine by me. I knew that I was probably going to be doing nothing but sleeping the next few days. So the remainder of day 6 was spent sleeping and almost all of day 7 I slept or just sat on the couch watching TV. 

Day 8 which was Friday, Lou, her Husband and Baby G all came home from the Hospital. We didn't do anything that day either. We were just so excited that they were home that we just spent the day at the house hanging out and admiring Baby G. 

We started Day 9 by going to breakfast at Zippy's. The food was really good, but I found a few menu items to be kind of weird. But for those that live in Hawaii, this is normal. I am just not used to seeing it on a menu here in CO.

Spam on the menu
After breakfast we ran a few errands and did a little bit of shopping and then headed back to their place for the rest of the night. We were all pretty exhausted at this point, so a night with nothing to do sounded amazing to me. I am pretty sure I passed out pretty quickly this night.

Sunday morning we all got up and headed back into town so that we could finish up our souvenir shopping. I had a few things that I needed to get for a few family members. My Brother for instance insisted that I bring him back a new dashboard Hula Girl because the one I bought him in 2006 had broken. So we went back to Waikiki and went to the Hale Koa and the Rainbow Bizarre.

While we were shopping, we were also walking right along the beach and it was a gorgeous day. So of course I had to snap a few pics.

After we finished up our shopping, which took a few hours, we headed back to the other side of the island. Lou's Husband dropped all of us off at home and then he went and grabbed us some dinner. After dinner, I started gathering all of my stuff and started packing my bags since my flight was the next morning and we had to be up super early to head to the airport. After I finished my packing, I just hung out with Lou and everyone else and just tried to soak in all the time I had left with her.

I couldn't believe how quickly the week had gone by. And with Baby G making her arrival, it seemed like the week went by even more quickly. I was really sad that I was leaving because I knew that I was going to instantly miss my best friend and her new little family. But unfortunately the real world was calling and I had to get back to my family and work.

It was an amazing week. I got to spend some time with my best friend. I got to watch her become a Mom. I got to see her Husband become a Dad. And I got to see them become an even bigger family. I loved every minute that I got to spend with them. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)