Friday, December 2, 2011

Dress Fitting Take Two

This past Thursday I had my second dress fitting. I was pretty excited to see how everything came out, especially the cap sleeves. I was surprised by how simple the whole process was. I went in and tried on my dress and made sure that everything that was supposed to be done was done. And that was it! Piece of cake!

Luckily, all of my alterations were done perfectly and my dress fits amazingly! And the cap sleeves are to die for! I had also taken my jewelry with me to see how it looked with my dress. I was kind of worried about this because I ordered my jewelry off Etsy and it would have really sucked to get it and to realize that even though it is way gorgeous, that it didn't go very well with my dress. Well, that was not the case at all. It looked absolutely amazing with my dress and I could not be more thrilled with that! It just gave me more of a visual of how I will look on the big day and it made me even more excited.

Thank goodness for my friend and bridesmaid Rochelle too, because she was able to come with me to my fittings and this time around they showed her how to lace up my corset and also how to do my bustle. The times that I have been able to schedule fittings my other girls haven't been able to come because of work and being out of state and things like that. Which is completely fine. They have lives ya know, haha, but it was definitely nice to be able to have someone come with me so that someone knows how to do that stuff on the day of.

I am very excited that my alterations were so quick and simple and did not cost a ton of money. Now we just have to have the dress shop steam and press my dress and my petticoat and my veil and then they will be ready for pick up the week of the wedding. Eeek! It is getting so close, I can't believe it.

Were your alterations a lengthy process? Or were they super simple?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. My alterations were simple however, since I live in NY and my dress was in PA, it wasn't the easiest for me to get over there, plus I did have to go back for a second round of alterations because the first time it was puckering weird on the side. But I only had to go in twice, which isn't bad and I loved my bridal salon so it was a nice experience each time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR