Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What's Your Favorite?

Happy Wednesday! Is anyone else hoping that the rest of this week flies by? I know  I am. I think a certain holiday on Sunday has something to do with that. Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. I love decorating the tree and my apartment, and I love making Christmas cookies and all the baking that we do this time of year. There is just something about this time of year that just makes me feel all giddy inside and like a little kid.

One of my favorite things about this time of year is that it is finally okay for me to watch all of my favorite Christmas movies without the fiance or anyone else looking at me like I am crazy. I would watch these movies year round if I could, but I know that the fiance would kill me. So today I wanted to take a little break from all of the wedding posts and tell you about some of my favorite Christmas movies that are always a must watch for me this time of year.

The first movie is a movie that I have only been watching for a few years now. My Grandma told me about this movie my Junior year of college and told me that she thought that I would absolutely love it. She was completely right (as always) and it is now the first one I pop in this time of year. And now that she has passed away, I find myself wanting to watch it more often because it reminds me of her and it makes me happy thinking about how much she loved this movie too. So my #1 favorite Christmas movie is...

White Christmas


With Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye

Now, I don't know that I could actually put the rest of my favorite Christmas movies in a numbered order, simply because I love all of them so, so, so, so much. It would be impossible to say that I love one more than the other. All I know is that this Saturday, I plan on cuddling up on the couch and watching as many of these as humanly possible before we have to go up to the soon to be parents-in-law's house for Christmas mass. So here are the rest of my favorite Christmas movies...

No Christmas would be complete with out this classic...



And of course "You'll shoot your eye out kid!"


And how could you not watch Christmas Vacation and laugh your ass off the whole time


And then of course the ACTUAL Christmas Classics...


And I don't think it would be a complete holiday season without these two movies...

The original

And of course the real life one with Jim Carey

And who could resist watching this hilarious movie...



And last but certainly not least, one of my favorite Christmas movies that came out when I was younger...



Now I want to know what are some of your favorite Christmas movies? What movies do you absolutely have to watch every year? Do you share in some of my faves? Or do you have some that I don't have on my list? 

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I've only watched Elf so far...saving A Christmas Story for christmas eve...can you believe that I"ve never seen It's a wonderful life?? It's sad sad sad I know!! I will try and watch it this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR