Friday, March 30, 2012

Bridal Party Gifts Part 2

Okay everyone, back to the recaps! Today I am really excited to share with you guys the gifts that we got for our two flower girls and our ring bearer.

I am going to start with our ring bearer. This one was really hard for us to figure out because we couldn't get him anything really big because they had to be able to take it back in the car with them to North Carolina. So, we had to really think about this one. So after a lot of consideration, we decided on a book for J.P. We bought him a book called "Good Night Construction Site". We also got him a coloring book and some crayons to have at the reception.

Source

He loved his book and his coloring book and crayons. I think it was great for him because it kept him occupied at the reception, for a little bit anyway, and he loves books. And what little boy doesn't love big trucks and tractors?

Now for the flower girl gifts. This one was a little bit easier, but at the same time required a lot of thought. I didn't want to just buy them a bunch of stuff that they wouldn't use again. So I decided to make them something that they would get great use out of, which was a tutu tote bag with their first initial on it.



I found a great tutorial on how to make these so I dove in and they turned out better than I was expecting. If you are interested in the tutorial you can go HERE. I may even post my own at some point on how I did it and what I found was the easiest way to do these. 

I also bought each of them a pair of silver glitter shoes to wear with their dress. They loved these. We are already teaching them to love shoes, look out world!

Source
I found these shoes at Target a few days before the wedding. I was really hoping that they would have a dark pink pair, or a really cute brown shoe, but they didn't so these were what we went with and they looked adorable with their dresses.

I also had my Mom make each of them a pair of the crocheted mary jane slippers. The lady on Etsy that we bought the pattern from had the same pattern in the youth size, so they looked exactly the same as the ones that my Mom made for the other girls. And I made them each a pair of the flip flops that I had made for my bridal party. Sorry I don't have pictures of some of these things. This is one area where our photographers screwed up pretty badly :(

They each also got their own hanger for their dresses. They looked really cute with their dresses on them. 




We also got them coloring books and crayons to keep them occupied during the reception. I highly recommend this for anyone who is planning on having kids at their reception. It was something fun for them to do and keep them busy for a little while. 

Well, that is all I have for today guys! Sorry again for the delay in the recaps. I will try to be better about them next week. I hope that everyone has a great weekend.

What did you get for your ring bearers and flower girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR