Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Being a Grown Up Sucks Sometimes

Okay, I know I haven't done a wedding recap in a while, but things have just been kind of crazy and I haven't had the time or the patience to sit down and write a few. Sorry guys! I have already told myself that I will be back with those next week. I need to take a break to just relax because things have just been kind of stressful lately and I don't know what to do.

So of course I am just going to pour out everything on here. I guess I can start with the good news. I got a promotion at work at the beginning of this month. It's great! I got a nice new office and a title to go with it. And I got a really nice pay raise. We have known that this pay raise was coming for a while now so we had already discussed what we wanted to do with it. We had two things on our list that were(and still are) top priority. The first was getting into a better place to live. We hate our apartment complex. It is awful. We were really hoping that we could find a great rental house, but the more we look, the more we have been thinking that we are going to have to settle for a Townhouse or a Condo. Rental houses in this town are way too expensive and it is just not something that we can afford.

The second thing on our list and maybe the more important one now is that I need a new car. The car I currently have is a '88 Mazda MX-6. I have had this car since High School and it has gotten me around for a very long time. It's a trooper! Well, this little car is kind of on it's last leg. I've known this for a while. The car has known this for a while, but I think it is secretly trying to hold on for dear life until it knows that I can afford a new car.

My trooper!

Well, that was until this morning. While we were on our way to work, it decided it didn't want to run properly. Every time I would push in the clutch to down shift and slow down to turn or for a light, my car would stall. I would have to turn it back on just to start going again. It did this the whole way to work. So of course when I got to work, I do what I always do when something is wrong with my car. I called my Brother and my Dad and also talked to our friend Pelka at work. They are all car people and they all pretty much told me the same thing. And that same thing is that it could be a variety of things. It could be the clutch, or the fuel system, or the exhaust system or a ton of other things that they mentioned.

So of course, I started doing what I do best. I started to stress and worry. You see we have been looking at new cars and talking with my Dad about it and we already know what car we want, we just need to come up with a down payment and we need to make sure that the monthly payments are around $200-$300. Sounds pretty simple right? Yeah, it really isn't. We were planning on waiting till around October when we had a few other things paid off, but now, we may have to make a decision and we may have to choose between either finding a better place to live or getting a new car. I don't think that we can do both at the
same time.

The car we want. A 2012 Kia Sportage

Sometimes I hate being an adult. I just wish that things could be a little bit more simple sometimes. I may be getting a head of myself too. I don't know what is wrong with my car right now, but if it is a simple and somewhat inexpensive fix then hopefully that will take care of this for a little while until we are in a better position to buy a car. Fingers crossed that we can get this figured out soon.

It's funny ya know, when you are growing up and especially in High School, you can't wait to be an adult and be on your own and make your own decisions. But when you are an adult and have to make all these tough decisions, you wish you were a kid again. Tis life I guess.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new job!! How exciting! Bummer about the car though. I am so impressed that it's an '88 and ran this long. I'm going to get a Mazda for my next car!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR