Monday, April 30, 2012

Formal Photos

This post is definitely one of the hardest for me to write because of the sour taste that I still have in my mouth because of what happened. So fair warning everyone, there may be a lot of bitching during this post! Can't say I didn't warn ya!

After the ceremony was over and all of our guests had left the church, they whisked us back in to start taking pictures. At first we were still waiting for a few people to get back in the church, so while we were waiting we were speaking with our photographers. We discussed what we were going to do for the pictures and also I made sure that they had the list of must takes that I put together for them. We stood there for about five minutes waiting for everyone and not once in that five minutes did it occur to our photographers that hey, maybe we should put the flash unit on our cameras. Ya know, since the lighting wasn't that great. This would have taken them all of 20 seconds. But no! (Told you there would be some bitching!)

Once everyone was there we began the picture taking marathon. I thought everything was going very well and that we were doing really good on time considering that we had to be out of the church by 4:30. There were a few pictures that we decided that we could get at the reception so we decided not to take them. I shouldn't have been okay with this, but it is what it is. At this point, I really wasn't worried at all. I thought they were doing a great job.

Well, I should have been worried and I should have spoken up, but I had no way of knowing that they had messed up until I actually saw the pictures. So without further ado, I give you the formal pictures that we took at the church. And please feel free to let me know what you think of them because sometimes I feel as though I am being a little biased and a perfectionist, so really I want to know what your thoughts are.
































The shadows on the faces are really what bothers me the most. Had they used their flash, I don't think I would be upset. Also, there was no close up of Aran and I just the far away ones. Oh, and notice that there isn't a picture of just me in my dress in this gorgeous church. Just saying!

Should I be as upset as I am about how these turned out? What do you guys think of these pictures?

Photobucket

Need to catch up?

Arrivals
Hunting Down Tuxedos
A Morning of Getting Beautified
Venue Set Up
A Rehearsal & A Dinner
Bridal Party Gifts Part 1
Bridal Party Gifts Part 2
Bridal Party Gifts Part 3
Getting Ready-Hair & Make-Up
Getting Dressed: The Groom & His Fellas
Getting Dressed: The Flower Girls
Getting Dressed: The Bride & Her Ladies
The Ceremony

4 comments:

  1. They aren't bad. SERIOUSLY. I expected them to be a lot darker by the way you were describing them. You look absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't notice a shadow in the pictures. But I think that if you wanted a picture of yourself you should have requested it :) I think it's weird that the photographer didn't just do it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you are completely justified in your bitching. These are the memories of your big day; the ones you will be holding on to for the rest of your life. It is their responsibility, as contracted photographers, to ensure that you are happy with your produce. Professional photographers normally run through a checklist of photos they need to take because it is far too difficult for the bride to remember everything on her big day. They aren't terrible photos; but you deserve to be happy with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the photos are great and not that dark at all. But I understand your frustrations, you put so much work and time into one day and you want the memories of that day to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR