Monday, April 16, 2012

Getting Dressed: The Bride & Her Ladies

Once we had those adorable little flower girls dressed and ready to go, it was time to get the rest of us girls ready.

My bridesmaids started getting their dresses on first. We thought this would only take a few minutes, but that didn't really happen. The dresses that I decided on for them actually took a lot longer to tie and wrap. But once they were done, they looked great. This is one part of the morning that I wish I could do over. If I could go back in time, I would have had all of them get dressed before we got to the church because it took us so long to get them dressed and then me dressed that we ended up not having time to take pictures before the ceremony. Epic fail on our part! Oh well!










Once they were all situated and ready to go, it was time to get me in my dress! At this point I was getting really excited and I had a lot of different emotions going through my head. This was about the point where I started getting mad about my hair and make up. Yep, that's right! I started crying while I was getting my dress on because of how upset I was about my hair and make up. I think my nerves and excitement played a part in this, but I really was upset about it. I think at the time I just felt like I looked like I normally do on any other day. I didn't feel as if my hair and make up screamed "Hey, I'm the bride and I am supposed to look it today." I know, I know, I am crazy. Or at least that 's what everyone kept telling me.







My girls were amazing with helping me get ready though. Lou and Rochelle were pros at lacing up my corset on the back of my dress. It looked so great!













And then of course, after I already had the dress on, we realized that we forgot to put on my garters. Oops!! So Veronica and Victoria helped me by diving into layers and layers of tulle to help me get the garters on.



And of course no bride would be complete without her jewelry and her shoes! Once I had my necklace and earrings on and my kick-ass bright pink shoes and my gorgeous bouquet in hand, I was ready to go!

Can I just point something out here? See my photographer
in the background not taking pictures? Just saying!


And again, not taking pictures! 
















Did it take you and your girls a long time to get dressed? Would you have re done anything as far as your timeline goes?

Photobucket

Need to catch up?

Arrivals
Hunting Down Tuxedos
A Morning of Getting Beautified
Venue Set Up
A Rehearsal & A Dinner
Bridal Party Gifts Part 1
Bridal Party Gifts Part 2
Bridal Party Gifts Part 3
Getting Ready-Hair & Make-Up
Getting Dressed: The Groom & His Fellas
Getting Dressed: The Flower Girls

3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! And your photographer is ridiculous, I would have been screaming at her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH girl! I was not overly fond of my makeup either..I loved what she did to my hair but I felt like the makeup she did I could have done better with my own everyday makeup! I was very disappointed with that part and didn't feel like she made me really "POP". But you still looked amazing on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you looked beautiful, def. a stunning bride!

    Honestly - I can't even get over those pictures where your photographer is standing there like she's just hanging out!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR