Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Droughts Suck!

I don't know about where most of you are living, but here in CO we are in a drought. Even though we have gotten a good amount of snow this winter, it still wasn't enough to make a difference. Which sucks because for the summer we are being put on watering restrictions.

Starting April 1st, we will only be able to water two days a week. Two days!!!! That's it! So my pretty green grass in the front and back yards that I was so proud of last summer, will probably not be very pretty this year. And I am not very happy about it either. 

The Hubby and I have been trying to do a little bit of research to see what we can do to try and maintain it. We have even discussed some different landscaping options, which have included tearing up the grass and putting in rock, which was his idea. I threw a fit and said no. I like having the grass. We also talked about taking out parts of the grass and filling it in with rock around it just so that we wouldn't have to water as much. Something kind of like this...

Source
And my big beautiful back yard is going to have to have something done to it as well. We already have a huge deck off the back of the house, but we are thinking that we may have to put in a patio made with pavers or something so that we are taking a good part of the yard out so that we don't have to water as much. We were thinking something that looks similar to this...

Source
At least with this we could have space for more seating or even a fire pit! That could be kind of cool! Although a fire pit during a drought might not be the best idea, haha! 

The thing that sucks about wanting to do all of this stuff to is that we have to go through our HOA. We have to submit in writing everything that we are wanting to do. Which I hate. It's my damn house! I should be able to do whatever I want with it! But that's a whole other rant, I won't put you guys through that today. 

Have any of you ever had to deal with a situation like this? What did you do? Do you have an recommendations for us?

That's all I've got for you guys today. Don't forget to come back tomorrow to link up with K and myself for Bringing Sexy Back! Get those measurements ready!


Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR