Thursday, March 21, 2013

Salt Lake City Day 3

Our last day in Salt Lake City was on Sunday. It was probably the most uneventful. 

We got up around 7:30 and just kind of lounged around for a while until we decided to go grab some Starbucks for breakfast. Once we got back with our drinks and food, we packed up all of our stuff and got on the road. 

The trip back was pretty uneventful, but super windy and full of freak blizzards that would come out of no where and then disappear a few minutes later!!! That's Wyoming for you though I guess.  We did have a few moments on the road that were pretty hilarious, but usually stemmed from someone cutting us off. Take for instance this semi that cut us off. We weren't very happy with him. So what did we do? We threw pecans at him as we passed him. It was decided though that if this was something that would become a trend with us, that we should probably find a less expensive nut to throw. 

Once we got back into Colorado, we stopped at a gas station in this small town off of the interstate. It seemed to be a pretty routine bathroom/fill up with gas stop, until I saw these!!!


How bad ass is this Pez dispenser? I have never ever seen an R2, so I had to buy one for the Star Wars freak that is my Husband and also one for our friend Pelka who is also a huge Star Wars person. 

After our pit stop we got back on the road and before we knew it, we were in Denver. I don't remember the last time I was so excited to see the Denver skyline. I was just so excited to get home and see my Husband and our fur babies. I really did miss them!


About an hour later, we arrived at home. It had been a long day of traveling through wind and some crazy snow. But we were finally home and could spend what was left of our weekend trying to unwind from the trip before we had to return to work the next day. 

Honestly, this trip with my friends was the most fun I have had in a long time. I definitely needed it. We had a blast and really hope that we can do it again sometime in the near future. I have some pretty incredible friends and they made this trip so much fun. I am lucky to have such amazing people in my life. 

Megan

2 comments:

  1. You showed that truck driver who's boss! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, I'm glad you got to have a fun weekend with your girls! That is an awesome pez dispenser! I always find random cool stuff on roadtrip stops too, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR