Tuesday, August 19, 2014

New Tattoo...Well Kind Of

For the longest time I have talked about getting another tattoo. I have one already and have had it since I was 18 and have always been itching to get another. 

I kept running into a few problems though. My first problem was that I couldn't decide on what I wanted to get. I wanted it to have some meaning. I didn't want it to just be anything. My second problem was having the extra money. There was always something more important that needed to be paid or something else would come up. That's life ya know. But I always took it as a sign that I wasn't supposed to get another one yet. Especially since I couldn't even decide on what I wanted. 

I realized one day that I knew what I wanted my next tattoo to represent. I wanted it to be a representation and a reminder to myself of why I decided to finally get healthy and lose all this weight. I wanted to be able to look at it and go, yep, that is why I did this and that is why I am choosing to still do this. So I decided to attach me getting a new tattoo to hitting a big milestone and goal. I decided that once I hit 50 lbs lost that I could get another tattoo. 

So that day finally came(in the beginning of May). I was really excited. Knowing that I was going to be hitting it soon, I had been searching the internet and pinterest like crazy for some ideas of what to get. Like I said, I wanted it to be something that reminded me of this journey. After looking for a while, I stumbled upon this picture and immediately knew this was the tattoo I was going to get. 


I loved the quote itself. It just seemed perfect for why I was getting it and what I wanted it to remind me of. So I took this picture to a tattoo shop downtown on Mother's Day (see why I said it is kind of new, haha) and sat down with a kick ass Artist, Mike, and told him that this is what I wanted, but that I wanted a different font. I told him where I wanted it (my wrist) and he was a little concerned that it wasn't going to fit, but he went ahead and drew it up anyways and played with the size and because it was meant to be, he was able to fit it perfectly on my wrist. 


I am still incredibly happy with how it turned out. It is simple and every time I look at it, it reminds me of why I got it in the first place and everything I have accomplished. And it makes me happy. And that is all I can ask for. 

The only problem I am having now is that I have the tattoo bug/itch. I want another one, haha! That always seems to happen though! 


Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR