Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Time For A Change

Do you ever just feel like it is time for a change? Whether it be in your life in general or something as simple as getting your hair cut? Yeah, I was feeling like that last week. That's why I went and chopped my hair off!

I think part of it has to do with me losing all this weight. I wanted to look different. My hair has essentially been the same for five years. And I have changed a lot in the last 10 months. And I wanted my hair to reflect that I guess. I know, it sounds crazy, but it was just time for something different. 

So I made an appointment at Ulta because I had a coupon for a free haircut. And my Aunt is moving to Texas and won't be able to do my hair anymore :( Which sucks, but I will get over it. So now I have to find someone to do my hair that won't completely screw it up. So I figured why not give it a shot. I took my pictures in of what I wanted it to look like but ultimately knew it would never actually look like and the lady started cutting away. 

Here is what it looked like a week before I went in...


And this is what it looked like afterwards...


So far I like it. I am sure in a few months I will get back to the point where I will want my long hair back. It happens every time I cut my hair short. But for now, I am liking it. I feel a bit more mature with the shorter hair. Weird, I know. But I do. 

Although the girl did a good job on it, I don't know that I will go back to her. I was very frustrated with how much she talked. It was actually quite annoying. I know that shouldn't matter, but I feel like you have to get along with the person cutting your hair and I just wasn't feeling it. Oh well. I will have to keep looking. 

Have you ever decided it was time for a change like this? What did you do?


Megan

1 comment:

  1. Love the haircut! I always go back and forth with my hair. I had it really short once, a very short bob and it didn't last long. Once my hair gets a few inches past my shoulders I can't really style it because it's so thin. I tend to play more with my hair color now rather than my hair cut, which is more expensive and sometimes drives my husband crazy lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR