Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday

It's Weigh-In Wednesday time!


Sorry for not posting last week. I just can't seem to find enough hours in the day to stay on top of everything. I think that is probably a good thing though :)

Lets dive right in. This week has been interesting so far. After my session last Friday I spoke with my trainer about my nutrition and how I thought I needed to change it up. The scale hasn't been moving and I have been working my ass off, so I didn't know what to do anymore. So he decided it was time to go low carb again. Usually when we do this we do four days with low carb and then go back to normal. This time however we are doing 10 days of low carb eating. 10 freaking days! I am usually freaking out by day two of four because I want some damn bread. So needless to say I was super nervous about it. 

Honestly though it hasn't been that bad this time around. He also gave me a total amount of protein and fat to shoot for and by trying to pay attention to those and hit those goals, I actually am not consuming that many carbs. And as strange as this may sound, I actually feel like I am getting to eat more food throughout the day. I think it is because food that has more carbs in it, has more calories. So by eating less carbs, I have more calories throughout the day. It's weird, but I am okay with it. 

And so far the results are enough to keep me moving. I started the week out weighing in at 163. Which put me up 6 lbs from my last WIW post. This happens every now and then. I am up and then within a week I am back down. Some of it is water weight and who knows what else, but in just two days I am back down to where I was at 157 lbs. So I am hoping to see some more results over the next eight days. Here is to hoping anyways. 

My workouts have gotten more intense over the past few weeks. We are two and a half weeks out from Tough Mudder and I am trying to do everything that I can to get myself as prepared and ready as possible. I am starting to get nervous. I know that I will finish, but I am more nervous about how much I am going to struggle on some obstacles. But at the same time I keep telling myself that all I can do is try and if I fail then so be it, but at least I tried. 

Thought I would share this with you guys. I still can't believe how big I was almost a year ago. Why did I ever let myself get that way? But seeing a side by side like this makes me really proud. And also very disgusted with how I looked in the picture on the left. Ugh! But guess what, I don't look like that anymore and I am trying to remember to appreciate and celebrate that!


That's all I have for this weeks WIW! Hope you guys are having a fantastic week! Thanks for stopping by!




Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR