Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekend Recap

It's Monday. And I am already ready for this week to be over. Anyone else already in that boat? 

Let's get into my weekend recap. This weekend was busy!!! But fun! And I enjoyed every single second of it. Yeah, it was awesome!

Friday night I had a session with my trainer after work as I always do. He once again kicked my ass. It never fails. I always leave his studio feeling like I am made of jello. But it felt great. I headed home afterwards and we got started on dinner. We had decided on having breakfast for dinner because I needed to carb up for what was going on on Saturday. So I found a whole wheat pancake recipe on the Skinnytaste website and got to work on those. I added some mini chocolate chips and holy crap were these good! These pancakes turned out better than any pancakes I have ever made in my entire life. And the best part was that we froze the leftovers. And I ate the rest of them over the course of the weekend. You can find that recipe here. I also had some oatmeal and some eggs. But I'm sure you really don't care about that. 

After we had dinner made, we spent the rest of our evening on the couch watching The Office. This has easily become one of my new favorite shows. We are flying through the seasons on Netflix right now. We are currently on season four right now and I swear each season just gets better. 

Saturday morning I was up at 5:30 am. I got myself some breakfast, got dressed and then headed out to go run in the mud at the Dirty Dash. Our heat was at 8 am, so I left my house around 7ish and got there around 7:30. I had plenty of time to get myself ready to go. Once I found all of my friends, we headed to the start line and waited for our heat to start. 

We had an absolute blast. And we flew through the course. Our heat ended up starting late by probably about 10 minutes and we were done before 9 am, so less than an hour for sure. I still had trouble with the walls on the course. My upper body was so sore from training the night before that I had an even harder time pulling myself up this time. Thank goodness for having someone who is stronger than you running with you, haha! 

After we were finished I went and found my SIL and her friend who were also running, but starting at a later time. They were all getting ready when I found them, so after a few pictures, I took my Nieces from my SIL and they headed up to the start line. We waited around for a while until we were able to find them at the end of the course. So we watched them finish and then we headed to the starting line with my Nieces so that they could participate in the kids version of the race or as they like to call it, The Piglet Plunge. 

This was fun but also disappointing. It was fun because we got to go through a mile of the course and some of the obstacles again and get some extra mud on us and my Nieces loved it, but I was disappointed because it wasn't very well organized. Not to mention some of the obstacle they were supposed to be able to do were already being put away when we got to them. I luckily had a couple free entries so we didn't have to pay for my Nieces to do it, but most of the people there had to pay $20 a kid. If I were them, I would be pissed. 

After we got done with the Piglet Plunge we headed to the showers to rinse off so that we could get in the car to go home. After we got most of the mud off of us, we headed home and by home I mean my SIL's house. We sat around for a good part of the afternoon and then headed to a friends house for a BBQ. It was a lot of fun. The food was good and the people were fun. 

After the BBQ I headed home and immediately hopped in the shower to get the rest of the mud off of me. After I was done I got dressed in some comfy clothes and then went and grabbed some frozen yogurt from the place by our house and then came home and parked myself on the couch for the rest of the night. I was so tired and sore that I didn't want to do anything else. It was the perfect way to end a great day. 

Sunday morning I was up early again because we had family pictures scheduled for 10 am. So I got up and got some breakfast and then woke up the Husband and we started getting ready. We met the rest of the family for pictures and were finally able to get those done after being rained out twice. I can't wait to see how they turned out. 

After pictures we ran a few errands, grabbed some lunch, and then headed home. We watched the Broncos destroy the 49ers! I know, I know, it is only preseason, but I am very much liking what I am seeing from my team so far. Can't wait for the regular season to start. After the game I did our grocery shopping and then came home. The Husband made dinner and we watched more of The Office to finish off our evening. 

It was a busy weekend, but a great one. And next weekend and this week are just as busy. So if you don't hear much from me, that is why. Hope you all had a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)