Monday, August 4, 2014

Weekend Recap

Hello friends! It's Monday. Not that I am particularly happy about this fact, but that does mean I am closer to my next weekend. It's how I keep things in perspective :) 

This weekend was crazy!!!!!! But in a great way. Friday after work didn't start out too well. I was running late to my training session and traffic did not help. I ended up being late, but it all worked out okay. After my session I went home and started cleaning our house. It needed it. It was getting to the point that I just couldn't handle it anymore. While I cleaned the Husband made us breakfast for dinner which included some whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes! Yum!! After lots more cleaning and eating dinner, I headed to bed around 11 so that I could get some sleep. 

Saturday I was up at 6 am. I got up and got myself ready and had a good breakfast because in a few hours I was getting ready to participate in my first 5k Mud/Obstacle Course Run. My trainer met me at my house a little after 8 and we headed out. 

Our heat was at 9:15 so we got there with plenty of time to spare. We got stretched out and warmed up and then it was time for our heat to start. We had an absolute blast! The obstacles and the mud were all so much fun. You almost didn't even realize that you were running a 5k. We finished the course in about an hour. Which I thought was pretty dang good. And I was pleasantly surprised with how well I did with the obstacles. The only trouble I had on any of them was with two walls that were taller than me. But with a little boost, I was able to get over them with no problem. 

After the race. As we crossed the finish line, they threw
colored chalk at us. I looked like a freaking smurf. 

After we rinsed off at the rinse off stations, we headed out. I took a very long shower when I got home. The mud wasn't so hard to get off, it was the damn colored chalk that was a pain in the ass. I'm surprised that I didn't rub my skin raw trying to get it off. After I got out of the shower, I just laid around the house the rest of the afternoon. I was tired and just felt like being lazy. 

Around 3:30 I picked myself up off the couch and went and got ready to meet my friend for a girls night out. We met for dinner at Ghengis Grill and then headed to the Ogden Theater in Denver to see Kacey Musgraves. It was a great show. I was super impressed. She put on a hell of a show. I liked it so much that I downloaded her CD while we were sitting in the parking lot afterwards waiting for the traffic to clear. 






It was a long ride home after the show however. We got lost at one point because of a detour that had the interstate closed. But luckily we had our phones and were able to figure out where the hell we were at. But I didn't get home until around 1 am. It had been a long, but fun day. 

Sunday I actually slept in til about 9. Didn't do much with my morning. Sat around, had some breakfast, made a grocery list. At noon I met my friend KB for lunch at Cheddar's. The food was good and we had fun catching up. After having lunch I did some grocery shopping and then headed home where I proceeded to pass the eff out on the couch for three hours. It was a great nap! I apparently needed it! 

After the best nap ever, we grabbed some dinner with one of our friends and then headed back to his place to pick up something from him and then headed home. Like I said, it was a crazy weekend, but a good kind of crazy. And the next three weeks are going to be the same way! And I can't wait! I am so excited for everything that is going on the next three weeks. Can't wait to tell you guys all about it. 

Hope you had a great weekend!





Megan

1 comment:

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR