Thursday, January 12, 2012

Guest Post: Kayleigh from Down at Fraggle Rock

I hope you guys are having a fantastic week so far. I know that I am definitely enjoying my time off. I have another awesome person guest posting for me today. I have Kayleigh from Down at Fraggle Rock here today for you guys to read. If you haven't read her blog, you definitely should check it out. Enjoy everyone!


Hey All! I’m Kayleigh from over at Down at Fraggle Rock. You can normally find me there ranting and raving about wedding planning, annoying people I work with, a bug that flew up my nose… ya know… whatever strikes my fancy.

And while Megan sits and basks in the glory of being a newlywed, she has asked me to guest post. She gave me the option of talking about whatever I want (which is a dangerous statement given the fact I ramble about nonsense for days) but I thought that since I “met” her through wedding planning, then I should of course… talk about wedding planning!

So you know… I’m Kayleigh and my main squeeze is Big A. He is the macaroni to my cheese. Here’s a picture of us




Isn’t he handsome? Love that face! Big A and I got engaged on May 12th, 2011. Our 4 year anniversary. The happiest day of my life. Seriously. It was amazing. You can read all about it HERE.

There’s a part 2 and 3 as well. It was a long story! Ha! We are getting married on September 8th, 2012. Which is steadily approaching much to my bank account’s dismay.

Now… onto wedding planning…

Big A was adamant about the fact that we needed to take things slow. He had a huge car show coming up in the beginning of July and he knew that he wouldn’t be able to give me 100% of his attention until after it. I knew he was right. I was just the mistress… his car was his real one true love! Haha!
So… I waited. And waited. And FINALLY the day came. And I jumped in head first. And then the drama started:

Our venue fell through.
People were being jerks.
Budget became an issue.

And just like that… the fun was gone. BUT… I had promised myself that I wasn't going to lose my mind  over this wedding. I didn't want to become a Bridezilla. I didn’t want to devote my entire life to it. AND I didn't want to be one of those people who has a mental breakdown when their wedding is over because they put all of their blood, sweat, and tears into it for 18 months and then it was over. That’s when I   developed my standard list of things that I need to do when the craziness of wedding planning gets to be a little too much. I like to affectionately call it:

Sure Fire Ways to Make Sure You Don’t Get Committed to a Mental Institution While Planning your Wedding

1. It may be the most important day of your life so far, but just remember… it is just one day. The marriage will last a lifetime. That is what you should be focusing on.
2. No one is going to remember that your centerpieces aren’t perfect. Or that your napkins didn’t match exactly to the bridesmaids dresses. They will remember if you have a scowl on your face the entire night though.
3. When everything gets to be too much. Walk away. Take a break. Take a breather. Whatever. Losing your ish over it isn’t going to help anyone.
4. Remember to have FUN. This is a gigantic party all.about.you (well, a little about your fiancé too). ENJOY!
Aaaand… if you are anything like me…
5. Have a drink when you need to.
6. Have an awesome set of friends that you can scream to if need be.

And that’s that. There is no use losing your face over the small stuff. At the end of the day. If the caterer drops all the food on the floor before serving it, the flowers don’t show up, one of the groomsmen is too hungover to function, and one of your bridesmaids missed the memo that this was your wedding, not hers… you will still marry your best friend. And that’s all that matters.

Oh… and as a back-up plan I informed our JP and our photographer that if an emergency is to come up, that they need to follow us to the hospital so we can still get married. Ya know… just in case.

I hope you enjoyed my little ramble, although I am sure you are just here checking to see if Megan posted any wedding recaps. Don’t  worry, she will be back before you know it. And while you wait… you should check me out over at www.downatfragglerock13.blogspot.com I promise it won’t disappoint.


 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR