Friday, January 20, 2012

A New Link Up: Firm Friday with K Law

So I need to fill you guys in a little. This past Tuesday at work we started our very own Biggest Loser. Each person who signed up had to pay $25. It is for 12 weeks and at the end of the 12 weeks, the top 3 people who have lost the biggest percentage of body weight win a cash prize. So with all of the people that have decided to participate, the first place prize is up to over $300. Yep, that is a lot of moolah!! And a big motivator!!!

So, I was one of the people to sign up because I am at the heaviest I have ever been and I really want to lose some weight. You would think that I would have wanted to do this with the wedding, but for some reason I wasn't concerned. Weird, I know!

Today, I noticed that Kayleigh over at Down at Fraggle Rock(Kayleigh always finds the best link ups-thanks!) linked up with K Law from First Name Smith for Firm Friday. So I headed on over to K Law's blog to see exactly what it was, and I knew instantly that I needed to start doing this. I think it will help me get on track because I will have something to report each week and that will make me want to work harder. So here goes! My first Firm Friday!



This week I renewed my Body Bugg subscription and started the workouts again. My goal is to lose 2 lbs a week and according to the program, that means that I have to burn 1000 more calories than I eat. I am only supposed to eat 1950 calories a day and I am supposed to burn 2950 calories a day. And let me tell you, it is not that easy.

The first day of workouts and eating healthy was on Tuesday. I did pretty good with the eating healthy part and I actually went to the gym and worked out too! That was a big step for me, haha! I hate the gym, not going to lie! I was so sore afterwards though. Today is the first day that I am not sore.

Wednesday didn't go as well. I had a huge headache when I left work so I went home and sat in the dark for the rest of the night trying to get it to go away! Boo for headaches!

Thursday was better. I did a lot better with eating healthy. And I worked out on my Wii Fit at home. I am happy to report that I reached my 1000 calorie deficit on Thursday! 

So I guess I should get to my measurements. This is the part that I really hate.

Starting weight: 229.2 lbs(really Megan? Ugh!)
Other measurements: Not sure yet. I need to take those tonight so that I know where I am starting from.

So overall, this week has been pretty good. I am definitely doing better with the eating healthy part. And the exercise part is coming along. I just need to keep working at it.

My goal for this next week is to stay on track with the workouts and the eating healthy and to also cut out diet soda from my diet. I know it doesn't have any calories, but it still isn't good for you and I need to be drinking more water. Let's hope I can do this!!

Well, that is it for my first Firm Friday! If you want to join in and share how you are doing, remember to head on over to K Law's blog and link up!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB! Glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like the body bug? I've thought about getting one. I do have Polar Heart Rate monitor that will tell me how many calories I burn while exercising. It figures it out by height, weight, sex, age, and heart rate. Is the Body Bug different than that? Do you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! You can do it! The beginning stages are always the hardest, but it will get easier, keep pushing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Megan! I loved the bodybugg. It's so addicting once you start shedding weight. The link up sounds fun. I need to start swimming...but I'd have to do it in the mornings and without you here to drag me outta bed, it looks doubtful. Take your measurements because sometimes you won't lose weight, but you'll lose inches. I love you! have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR