Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Niece or Nephew??!!

Last Monday my Sister-In-Law went to her 20 week ultra sound to find out if her and my Brother would be having another little girl or if a little boy would finally be joining the family. 

Little bit of background for those of you that haven't been around these parts that long. My Brother and my SIL already have three kids. And with each pregnancy they had, they hoped they were having a boy because my Brother wants a little boy so badly. And with each pregnancy, they found they were having a girl. Which was hard but still exciting at the same time. We were excited to have another precious little girl joining our family, but it was hard to see that dream of my Brother having a little boy slip away. 

So when my Brother and SIL found out they were pregnant again and told all of us, we all just started praying and hoping that this time around it would be a boy. But we didn't want to get our hopes up. I myself decided that it was a girl and just didn't even think that it was possible that it was a boy. I mean they already had three girls, so there chances of having a boy were really slim. 

So last Monday I waited on pins and needles all day because my SIL's appointment wasn't until 4:30. My stomach was a big ball of nerves all day. I couldn't concentrate. I couldn't sit still. It was just awful. You would think that I was the one finding out what I was having. It was crazy. I can't even imagine what my Brother and my SIL were feeling. 

5 pm rolled around and I still hadn't heard anything. 5:30 rolled around and still nothing. I couldn't handle it anymore. I was going crazy. And then finally, my phone rang. It was my SIL. The first words out of my mouth to her were, "Let me guess. It's a girl." Her response was, "Nope! It's a boy!!" 

At first I thought she was just messing with me. She likes to do that kind of stuff to me, so naturally I didn't believe her. Until she kept saying it and she wasn't backing down from what she was saying. At this point I realized she wasn't lying and I started bawling my eyes out. My Brother was finally getting his little boy!! And I can't even begin to describe to you guys how excited I am. Or how excited my Brother and my SIL are. My whole family is absolutely elated. We are finally going to have a little boy on my side of the family.


I still get choked up every time I start thinking about it because I still can't believe that it is real. A baby boy! Aaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh! Excuse me while I go squeal with joy for a little bit! 

A Nephew it is! And I couldn't be more excited and happy to welcome this new little man to our family!


Megan

4 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! One of my friends is pregnant and has one boy and four girls and she's really hoping for a boy this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww so exciting! Congrats to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR