Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Recap

Why is it that it takes sooooo long for Friday to make it's way here, but then Monday has no problem making it's way back into our lives! Ugh! I know technically that makes no sense, but just go with it!

We didn't really have any set plans for this weekend, which was really nice, but somehow we still ended up being pretty busy. 

Friday night on our way home we decided to go to IHop for dinner. I wanted some french toast so bad and since we don't keep bread in the house, I can never make it. So instead we just went to IHop and I got my french toast fix and then we headed home and did nothing the rest of the night. I think I even went to bed early. I was completely exhausted from the past week and it was finally starting to show. 

Saturday I got up and Louie and I ran to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast. After eating and watching TV for  a little bit I started cleaning the house and taking down our Halloween decorations. Once the Hubby decided to roll out of bed, we headed out to run a few errands. Our first stop was Lowe's. We needed a bunch of random crap for the house, like a new filter for the furnace and spider killing spray, so we took care of those items. 


After Lowe's we went to Target for a few more random things and then headed to the grocery store to get our grocery shopping done for the week. For some reason, and maybe it is like this every Saturday and I just don't know it, but it seemed absolutely crazy everywhere that we went. It was actually really frustrating, but not much that we could do about it. 

On our way home from the grocery store we stopped at our favorite BBQ place and the liquor store and then headed home to enjoy dinner and my new favorite alcoholic beverage. I am a big fan of Woodchuck and Red's Apple Ale, so my Brother told me that I needed to try Angry Orchard, so I did. And oh my effing geee, it was delicious. I was very impressed by it and very much enjoyed it. 


The rest of our Saturday night was spent catching up on some of our favorite TV shows and getting a little bit of cleaning/organizing done. 

Sunday we got up and immediately got to work. I made my breakfast cups for the week and continued taking down our Halloween decorations and cleaning up a bit more while the Hubby mowed and fertilized the lawn for the last time for the year. I also was busy making Enchiladas for our family dinner that we were having later that night.

After all of our yard work and house work was done, we headed down to  my Brother's house to have a big family dinner with my Mom and Step Dad to celebrate my Sister-In-Law Cassie's Birthday. We had a big Mexican Fiesta for dinner. I made Enchiladas. My Mom made these bomb Fajitas and we also had a ton of other food! It was all so good! 

After dinner we had one of my favorite cakes, an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. It was delicious. All in all, it was a good night. We had a lot of fun hanging out with my Mom, Step Dad, Brother, SIL and all my Nieces. It was fun catching up with everyone and celebrating Cassie's Birthday. 


For us not having any real plans set in stone, we were still really busy this weekend. But it was definitely the good kind of busy. We really needed to get a lot of this stuff done, so I am glad that we finally did. And spending time with my family was the perfect touch to this busy weekend. 

I hope you all had a great weekend too! And I hope you have a great week!


Megan

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that face! Looks like it was a good cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try that Angry Orchard! I love a good caked up baby photo :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR