Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Weekend Recap

Once again I am late to the Weekend Recap party. I really need to start writing these on Sunday nights so that they will actually get posted at a decent time on Monday or on Monday at all. Haha, yeah! That might not ever happen. I know me all too well. 

Hope you guys had a great weekend. I am happy to report that ours was actually really low key for once. I know! Crazy!

Our weekend started on Friday at noon. The Husband and I both got off work early so that we could head up to Denver for a concert. We went to see Less Than Jake, a ska band. They are my Husband's absolute favorite band. And because I got to go to so many concerts and things this past summer, we agreed that we could purchase the VIP tickets to this particular show. They were $75 a piece and that included our tickets, a free shirt, a free poster, a laminated VIP pass and we got to meet them before the show! 

We got up there around 5:00 pm, found parking and then headed over to the meet and greet. The guys in the band were freaking awesome. They each spent a little bit of time talking with each person individually and signed some of our stuff for us as well. It was a really cool experience and I could just see how happy and excited my Husband was about this, so it was definitely worth the $150 we paid for the tickets. (Sorry in advance for the not so great pictures. I only had my phone on me, so they didn't turn out very well.)


After the meet and greet, we went and grabbed some food at Hayter's Bar and Grill next door to the venue. The food wasn't bad, but it definitely could have been better. After we ate we headed back over to the venue to get some seats for the show. 

They had two other bands that opened the show. It was supposed to be three, but one of the bands had flipped their van a few days before and couldn't make the show. They did end up showing up towards the end, but it was too late for them to be able to play at that point. The two openers were called The Masked Intruders and Anti-Flag. The Masked Intruders were definitely interesting. They all wore different colored ski masks and you couldn't see their faces. They won't even reveal their real names or let you see their face. Interesting for sure. And Anti-Flag was pretty hard core. Definitely not up my alley when it comes to music, but I can see why so many people like them. 


After the two openers, Less Than Jake came on and played an amazing show! And when we met them they asked what songs we wanted to hear during the show and both of my requests were played. I was pretty excited about that. They do happen to be two of their most popular songs, but I would like to think that my requests were heard, haha!


After the show, we made the long drive home where we didn't arrive until about 1:00 am. Talk about a long day. But it was definitely worth it!

Saturday morning I somehow managed to crawl out of bed and go to Zumba. After my class was over I ran a few errands, grabbed some lunch and headed home. After we ate lunch, I proceeded to pass the eff out and took a four hour nap! It was glorious! I woke up around 5 and we decided to grab some Chinese food takeout from our favorite place and just watch TV the rest of the night.

I also got started on some Christmas gifts that I am making for some of my family members. Once they are finished and they are given to the respective people, I will show you guys what I did, but until then, it is a secret! I don't want to spill the beans in case they read this! 

Even though I slept for a good portion of it, it was still a pretty productive day. 

Sunday I woke up at 7:30. Why? I would like to know that myself. Of course I couldn't go back to sleep. And it had snowed some more so I was all excited about that. So going back to sleep apparently was out of the question. So I decided to get up and do the grocery shopping for the day. Apparently I need to get to the store that early every weekend. There was no one there. It was amazing. I didn't have to deal with rude people in the produce department blocking every damn fruit or vegetable that I need to get to with their humongous cart. And I didn't have to wait in a ridiculously long line at the checkout. It was awesome! 

I headed home after my successful morning of grocery shopping and got to work on cleaning up the house and trying to get my Mom's sewing machine working. This thing is older than I am, but it is a beast and normally would work way better than the crappy plastic one that I have, but something is broken on it, so that didn't go so well. It ended with me being really frustrated and pulling out my other machine to work on the project I was working on. Oh well! It was worth a shot. 

I spent the rest of the evening making dinner and watching an awfully frustrating football game. That is all I am going to say about that, haha! 

It was a nice relaxing weekend. And very much needed. I just hope we can have a few more of these in the next few weeks before things get real crazy with Christmas!


Megan

1 comment:

  1. So jealous you saw Less than Jake! I used to love them back in the day. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR