Thursday, November 21, 2013

Random Musings for the Day

Just a few random musings for you guys today. And maybe a couple of rants thrown in here and there just to liven things up a bit. 

First, I woke up to a Wintry Wonderland this morning and was a very happy girl! Did it take me over an hour to get to work today? Absolutely! But it snowed and that somehow makes everything okay in my world!


I definitely had a huge breakdown at work the other day. And when I say that I mean I was bawling my eyes out in my bosses office for half an hour because of how stressed and overwhelmed I was. Poor guy! I don't think he quite knew what to do with me. But he is pretty much the best boss ever and quickly stepped up and asked what he could do to help me not feel so overwhelmed. Which was exactly what I needed to hear. I didn't realize how stressed I was with everything that was going on. And of course it just took one little thing to push me over the edge. It was all downhill from there. Crying, being pissed, ranting. Ya know? The usual emotions that come along with a breakdown. It wasn't pretty. 

And now for my rant of the day. Why is it that clothing stores can't carry jeans or any clothes for that matter in bigger sizes? Yes, I am a bigger girl. I range from a size 16-18 in jeans. And when I need new jeans and have to go to a zillion different stores to find a pair in my size, it is really freaking frustrating! I went to at least 10 stores yesterday and not one of them carried jeans over a size 14. Really?!

It pisses me off beyond belief. It just screams "Sorry! You aren't good enough or small enough to shop at our store!" And talk about making you feel like absolute crap! I am already not happy with how I look and feel. And yes, I am trying to do something to change that right now, but that doesn't make it any better. It still makes me feel absolutely awful and dislike myself even more. And just because I am bigger than others, that doesn't mean that I shouldn't get to buy cute clothes and feel good about myself in them! I guess I just don't get it. I mean my money is just as good as anybody else's walking into those stores, but yet because of the sizes that they carry I am automatically discriminated against when shopping there. Discriminated might not be quite the word I am looking for there, but for some reason that is the only word I can think to describe it. 

And what is even more frustrating is that before I went to any of these said stores yesterday, I looked on their websites to see what size jeans they carried. And every single one of them went up to the size that I needed, but yet they don't actually have them in the stores. Only online apparently. No where on their websites did it state this. And I could never buy a pair of jeans online. I have to be able to try them on or you run the risk of getting them in the mail, they don't fit and you just have to return them anyways. Which is a complete waist of time. Ugh! I am just getting pissed again thinking about it, so I will end this rant now before I ruin my whole day with it. 

On to something more positive. I did end up finding some jeans finally yesterday. And yes, they were in the plus size section. But ya know what, I love them and they are comfortable and I don't care. I have jeans that fit (for now) and I was extremely excited that I found this particular brand in my size. They are Silver Jeans, which are usually $100 jeans, but they were only $50 a pair and one of them I only paid $36 for. I was very happy after the long and not so great search for jeans earlier in the day. 

And I got some new boots! I can't wait to wear them! But I need to waterproof them first. Thanks again Mom for giving me my Birthday money early so that I could go get some stuff. 



Okay, I guess that is all I have for the day. Sorry for my long rant, but it happens. I hope you guys are all having a great day. Only one more day until the weekend. Thanks goodness. I don't think that I can handle anymore of this week. 

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR