Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Baby Shower for my Nephew

I told you guys a few months back that my Brother and SIL are FINALLY having a little boy! And I couldn't be more excited about it! So of course I was excited when I got the go ahead from my SIL to throw her a shower. 

After a few discussions, my SIL gave me a few theme ideas and of course my first stop was Pinterest to see what I could find for these particular themes. A few that she threw out were sports, cars, and camo. After searching through Pinterest for a few hours, I finally decided that I liked more of what I found for a camo themed baby shower. 

I know, I know. It is definitely different, but if you knew my Brother and my SIL, you would know that this really does fit them perfectly.

After I picked a theme I set out to find the perfect invite. I stumbled upon a really cute design from Merriment Press and after showing it to my Brother and SIL and getting their approval, I ordered them.

Stephanie at Merriment Press was amazing to work with. Not only was she quick on getting back to me and getting me the proofs, but if I needed anything changed, she did it quickly and had it back to me within a few hours. And not to mention her prices were really reasonable!!

Here is what the invitation looks like...


After I received the final proof, I took these to Staples and had them printed and cut. Which saved me a ton of time. And then I went and picked out a background paper (the orange border) and then assembled them and got them sent out. I love them. They are definitely camo, but they still have some cute touches to them that don't make them super over the top. Sorry for the crazy star shapes. I didn't really want to show all my personal info for the world to see, haha!

I also worked with Stephanie on a few other items for the shower. I will show you most of those after the shower is over, but one of the things she did for me was a registry card to put in the invites. We didn't want to overload the invites with too much info, so we thought this was the best way to go. She did a great job on them.

Sorry for the blurry pic. 
I was very impressed with how they turned out. And I have already heard from a few of the recipients and they are loving them too. And most of all my Brother liked them. Whoa! That is a big deal, haha!

I can't wait to show you guys the rest of the stuff that I am working on for the shower. But I only have two weeks to get everything done. Hopefully I can get everything done that I want too. Eeek!

Have a great day everyone!

Megan

1 comment:

  1. I love them! It's definitely different, but I think that's what makes it cool and unique!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR