Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Week Off & My Weekend Recap

Woah! It has been over a week since I posted last. I needed a little bit of a blogging break. Not that I blog every day, but I just had so much going on that I didn't have time to even think about blogging. So instead of trying to throw a few posts together and half assing it, I decided to just not even think about it for the week. But that nice little break was exactly what I needed to get myself back into the blogging mindset. So thanks for sticking around, if there is in fact anyone out there that still reads this. 

Okay, onto my weekend recap. This weekend was crazy!! Friday was Valentine's Day, but we didn't celebrate it. After discussing it with the Hubs, we decided that we just didn't even care. Here's the thing, I have always hated Valentines Day. Whether I was single or with someone, this particular day has always just been a huge disappointment. And I inevitably always have a really shitty day. It never fails. Not to mention that trying to go out to do anything on this day turns into an Olympic event. Everywhere is so crowded and you have to wait forever and then you add in how expensive everything is. I just can't handle it. So we decided to skip it this year. We grabbed some soup and sandwiches from our favorite place (to-go) and went home and watched the final two episodes of the first season of Game of Thrones and I worked on stuff for my SIL's baby shower. 

Saturday morning I got up earlier than I would have liked to, but I had shiz to do. I got myself ready for the day and then had some breakfast. My first stop that morning was Target for a few additional things that I needed for the baby shower. After that I headed to the gym to go to Zumba. After Zumba, I headed to Sam's Club to go pick up all of the food and the cupcakes for the baby shower. My next stop was to drop everything off at my SIL's house and help her around the house for a bit. My oldest Niece and I also did a little bit of running around and then went and got lunch. Afterwards we headed back and we got a few things cleaned up and and some of the stuff put together. 

Riding a horse while running our errands 
I left there about 4:30ish and had a few more places to stop before I headed home. I was absolutely exhausted by this point, but I still had so much work to do for the shower that I had to push through and just get it done. We grabbed dinner at some point and some frozen yogurt to go along with it and then I got back to work on the shower stuff. I didn't go to bed until about 1:00 am. I don't even think my head hit the pillow before I was out. 

Sunday once again I was up way early. I had to run to the store to get some more damn ribbon to finish my last project for the shower. It never failed, I ran out of ribbon every time I tried to finish a project. What a pain in the ass. After I ran to the store and finished the last project, I got myself ready, loaded up the car and headed out for the day. My first stop was at Party City to pick up the balloons for the shower. I ordered these balloons on Friday and I ordered orange and brown balloons. I get there to pick them up and I look at my order and the first words out of my mouth are, "Why are there red balloons in my order?" The girl looks at them and says, "Those aren't red, those are brown." Ummmmm......no! I know what color red is and I know what color brown is and I am sure as shit that those balloons were red. 

Definitely not brown!
Even after questioning the color a few more times, the girl was being a complete ass and trying to tell me that nothing was wrong. I didn't have time to stand there and argue, so I took them and left. I was absolutely fuming. Fortunately I was able to stop at Albertsons and pick up some green balloons to go in the non brown balloons place and it didn't take but a few minutes. 

I got to my Brother and my SIL's and we went to work on getting everything set up and all of the food prepared. Around 2 pm everyone started showing up and the shower began. I will do a whole other post on the shower and all of the fun details later this week. 

After the shower I headed home and at this point I was done. I just sat on the couch and kind of stared off into space. I was so out of it because of how tired I was. I was ready for bed. I went to bed at about 9:30. That is how tired I was. 

Thankfully I didn't have to work on Monday. Thank you Presidents Day! I didn't get to sleep in unfortunately because I had to drop the Husband off at work, but I did get quite a bit of sleep. Most of my day on Monday was spent running around and returning things that I bought for the shower but ended up not using. AND I went and complained to the Manager at Party City and showed him a picture of the balloons and he flat out told me that they were burgundy and not brown and happily refunded me my money. That's right stupid girl from the day before!

The rest of my day was spent doing laundry, grocery shopping, and doing a little bit of work from home. I also went to the gym and had a session with my personal trainer. I will talk more about that on my Weigh-In Wednesday post tomorrow. 

Overall it was a crazy weekend, but it turned out to be a great weekend! Sorry for such a long post. Told ya I was ready to get back into the swing of things, haha! Hope you guys had a great weekend!



  1. HAHAH was that girl blind? Also, what happened to the customer always being right?

  2. I'm sorry about the balloons. They were indeed red. But the house looked lovely and the guest all had a fabulous time. You did amazing. Thank you so much. I'm buying you something this weekend, anything specific you need to let me know ASAP!


Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)