Saturday, November 26, 2011

Good Times

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone! Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. I hlave been spending a lot of time with family and friends this past week and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Thursday I spent with my family for Thanksgiving. My brother taught me how to actually cook Thanksgiving dinner since I have never done it before. It was a great day and I am so glad that I got to spend some time with my family and especially my nieces.

Thursday night/Friday morning, the fiance' and I went over to Kohl's since we live right next door to it and stood in line for about twenty minutes while we waited for them to open their doors for Black Friday shopping. Now we are not normally Black Friday shoppers, but Kohl's had a couple of things that were on sale that were just too good to pass up. My oldest nieces birthday is next week and she has been asking for anything and everything Barbie so when I saw that Kohl's had this on sale for $20, I knew that we had to try and get one.


My niece is going to be so excited about her Birthday present. I can't wait to see her reaction. I had also seen in the ad for Kohl's that they had flannel bed sheets on sale for $24 for a full size bed. We love flannel sheets so we also set out to find those as well. Luckily we got everything that we wanted. I was really excited about our new bed sheets too! They are soooo cute!



Our kitties really liked our new bed sheets as well, if you can't tell...



We didn't do much else on Friday. We did put up our Christmas decorations. And I quickly decided that we don't have enough of them. Christmas is my favorite holiday so I always decorate as much as I can. So I need to find more Christmas decorations. Aran is probably going to kill me if I buy more stuff, but he is just going to have to deal with it, haha.

Today(Saturday) we went to a birthday party for our friend Sarah's little boy Jack. It was his first birthday and we had a lot of fun. After that and after going to church, the bestie Lou and her hubby came over to hang out. Lou and I played Just Dance 3 for a few hours. We had an absolute blast. I miss hanging out with my bestie, but our work schedules here lately have been crazy and have been exact opposite so it has been difficult to find time to spend together, but I am really glad that we finally got to hang out.

Something that we both find kind of funny is that her husband and my fiance get along really well. Like almost too well. They are essentially the same person. It is pretty hilarious. But the cool thing about that is that when we all hang out, they get along so well and we don't have to worry about trying to keep them included or entertained because they entertain themselves, haha! 

Any who, I am sitting on the couch now and Lou is passed out and her husband and my fiance are sitting on the floor in front of us where they have been for the past few hours playing everything under the sun on the Wii. I guess we are partially to blame because we were the ones that pushed them to play Just Dance 3 together solely for the purpose that we thought it would be hilarious. Well, after that they decided that they wanted to play a ton of other games and now, we are paying for it, haha! It's okay though, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope that everyone else has had a great holiday and great weekend. I know that I have, but I just wish that it wasn't almost over. I am not really looking forward to going back to work on Monday, ugh! 

How was your Holiday? Where did you spend it?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. O those sheets look sooo comfy and our cat loves anything soft on the bed too. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, I am still very much enjoying my LOOONG weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR