Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Recap

I hope you all had a great weekend. Ours was pretty busy, but we had a lot of fun. 

Friday night we came home from work and then headed out to have a double date night with our friends. We met them at Old Chicago for dinner first. After dinner, we walked over to the movie theater so that we could get in line to get seats for Iron Man 3! We were all pretty excited to see this, so it was very important that we got there early to get good seats because we knew how crazy it was going to be. Thankfully we got their an hour before the show and got in line and got great seats. And the movie did not disappoint! It was AWESOME!!!!

Saturday morning we had to get up at the ass crack of dawn to get ready so that we could be out of the house by 7:30. My little Sister was graduating from college and it was a 2 hour drive to get there, so we wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to get there and find the school.

We got there with about 20 minutes to spare. We went and found seats in the gym and then waited for my family to get there. The graduation started around 10 and lasted for what felt like forever! Around 11:45 my Sister was officially a College Graduate. Very proud of you Sis!

The family during the Ceremony
Her fellow graduates and accepting her Diploma
After the ceremony we headed back to her dorm to have cake. Or so we thought. What we didn't know was that she hadn't completely packed, so of course we all were running around trying to finish getting her dorm packed and cleaned up so she could check out. I think she did that on purpose. She knew we would help her. Smh!

A very tired Rylei!
After packing up her gazillion pairs of shoes and everything else she owned, we headed out to have lunch. We went to Pizza Hut, which isn't the healthiest, but the Hubby and I split a half pan of pasta and had salads. I tried to eat as healthy as possible. After lunch we headed home. The one good thing about a two hour drive to and from my Sisters school was that I got to read while the Hubby drove. By the time we got home I was already over half way done with "The Silver Linings Playbook" which I had started when we left that morning.

Once we got home we just relaxed the rest of the night. I finished reading my book, which didn't take very long. And I highly recommend reading the book. It was very good. And the movie is a lot different than the book, but still worth seeing. Hello Bradley Cooper! And then we made dinner and then just sat around and watched TV the rest of the night. We were exhausted by the end of the day.

Sunday we slept in. Once we got up and got around we headed over to Chef's Catalog Store for their Warehouse Sale. They have them like twice a year and you can usually find some pretty good deals. We found a lot of good deals this year. I am working on a whole other post for that though, so I will tell you more about what we bought later.

After the Warehouse Sale, we headed over to Hacienda Colorado for lunch. I mean it was Cinco De Mayo after all. The food was delicious as always and we ran into our friend Pelka while we were there. Which was great because it was his Birthday so we got to tell him Happy Birthday and chat for a bit.

After lunch we headed home. Then I made a list and left for the grocery store. After getting all of my shopping done, I headed out to have dinner with my friends. We went to this delicious BBQ place near my house. All I have to say is yum. And then after dinner I came home and did some dishes and just tried to clean up around the house a bit before we headed to bed.

It was a crazy busy weekend, but it was great spending time with my family and friends. I hope that you all had a great weekend too! Did you guys do anything fun?


Megan

1 comment:

  1. I love that Big A always drives because then I get to read. It just stinks when he gets bored and wants to be chatty! Haha. JEALOUS of you sleeping in! Congrats to your sister!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR