Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Feeling Thankful

First off, Happy St. Patrick's Day! I completely forgot it was today until I got to work and of course had not a trace of green on.  It happens. My mind has been elsewhere for the last couple of days and that is actually what this post is about. 

Let me start by giving you a bit of the back story. Sunday my friend A and I decided to go out for a really long hike. We headed up to a new trail that we had never tried before but had been recommended to us. The day started out great. We had a great hike back in and along the way we stopped a few times to have a snack and just take everything in. We had some great conversations about various things and it was just overall a good day that I got to spend with one of my best friends. 

Heading up to the trail




A looking out at the view. He has no idea I snapped this pic, haha! 
The day did however take a turn that neither of us were expecting. Long story short, a rock about the size of a baseball fell and hit A right in the face. We thought for sure that his nose was broken. So here we were probably about an hour and half back on this trail and this happened. We tried to book it out of there as quickly as possible, but the terrain wasn't easy to navigate through so we did our best to get out of there as quickly as possible. We got back to A's truck and headed back into town where we stopped at the first Hospital we could find so that we could get A's nose and all that stuff checked out. 

Sitting in the hospital. Check out my sweet sun burn!!
Good news is that he didn't actually break his nose. The cartilage and soft tissue around the bone was just swollen. We were both relieved to hear that. They told him to ice it for the next couple of days and then they released him. We drove back to town, grabbed some food and then I took him home so that he could relax and get some sleep. 

The whole situation was really scary. I know both of us were freaking out when it happened. We might not have been showing it on the outside, but I know that on the inside it was happening. But I can't help but feel thankful that it ended up the way that it did. I know that sounds weird, but things could have been so much worse and I am just thankful that we were both able to walk out of there and that we are both okay. 

Needless to say, this has been on my mind a lot the last few days. And it is instances like this that make me realize just how incredibly lucky and thankful I am. I am thankful to have an incredible family and support system. I am thankful for my amazing friends in my life and especially my friend A. And I am thankful to be alive and happy and healthy. Not everyone can say that they have those things in their life and I do. And I am thankful for each and every one of them. And I hope I never take those things for granted. 




Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR