Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Weigh-In Wednesday

Happy Hump Day! This week is flying by. Which is a-okay by me. Let's get this Weigh-In Wednesday started! 

It's been a few weeks since I have posted a Weigh-In Wednesday. But not much has changed since the last post. Well that was until this past Friday. I had a session with my trainer on Friday and he had been asking me what I wanted to do as far as where I wanted to be now. I gave it quite a bit of thought and after a week or so I made a decision. I have decided that I want to be leaner, have more muscle and more definition. If I have come this far and want to be healthy and fit, why not be the healthiest and most fit that I can be? 

So I told my trainer this knowing that he would probably be switching my nutrition and a few other things up. And I was right. But the switch isn't anything too crazy. He dropped my calorie intake down to 1500. And I am doing ketosis again. He also adjusted my fat and protein amounts for ketosis according to the new calorie intake. 

The biggest change though came in my workouts. He still has me lifting three to four days a week and right now we are going high rep and low weight, which is pretty normal actually. But the change is that I am only allowed to lift for 45 minutes. At first I freaked out a little bit. How the heck was I going to get everything done in 45 minutes? But then I thought about it and realized that my sessions with him are usually 30-45 minutes, so it was totally something that I could do. I knew that I couldn't take long breaks. I have to get in there, bust everything out, and then get out.

He did tell me that if I need to I can split my workouts up into two parts. I can go once in the morning for 45 minutes and then once in the evening for 45 minutes. The reasoning behind the 45 minutes is that anything over that and I will start burning muscle and not fat. And we want to keep all the muscle that I have. It has definitely been an adjustment over the last few days, but it seems to be working pretty well. 

This is what my workouts have looked like lately;
-Monday AM:  Weights
-Monday PM: Zumba
-Tuesday PM: Zumba
-Wednesday AM: Weights
-Wednesday PM: Softball
-Thursday PM: Zumba
-Friday PM: Weights (Session with Trainer)
-Saturday: Core workout plus intervals or walking
-Sunday: Hiking

As you can see I workout pretty much every day. And this week going forward I am probably going to add Tuesday and Thursday morning intervals or walking to this. I know that seems insane to some people, but I what can I say, I love it! I love working out! And with only five weeks til my first Spartan Race, I need to up my cardio. But occasionally I will throw a rest day in there on Saturday or Sunday. But that doesn't happen too often. 

My eating seems to be getting back on track. Part of the reason I set the goal for myself that I did is because I knew that it would help me get back on track with eating. I have to eat clean if I want to get to where I want to be. I know I can do it. I have before. I need to quit slipping up and just eat healthy. 

My weight is up a little bit right now. I weighed in at 157 this morning. I'm not too worried about it right now though. We did just start the new eating and workout routines on Monday, so I need to give my body time to adjust. I know I will get to where I want to be, so I am not stressing about it. 

Next Wednesday will be day 10 of my ketosis cycle, so I am hoping to have something to report on how all of this is going. But until then, I will just keep eating clean and working hard. That's all I can really ask of myself at this point. 




Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR