Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Weekend Recap

I think I am just going to start posting my weekend recap on Tuesdays every week. That way if I do get around to it on Mondays, it will be a surprise for everyone, haha! 

Busy weekend again. It was go, go, go from Friday afternoon. And then add the time change in. I have definitely been feeling it the last two days. I could of stayed home and napped all day today. Yeah right! I wish. 

I took Friday afternoon off. I left work around 12:30 and decided to get my grocery shopping done for the weekend. Good thing I did because I would have had no time to do it any other day. I had a training session with my trainer at 5:30 and then I went home, made some whole wheat pancakes and then made a tutu for my friends daughters Birthday. 

Saturday I got up, made breakfast and then headed straight to the gym. Got a great chest workout in and then headed home to take the dogs on a walk. It was finally nice enough out to do this. And I made sure to take full advantage. I even tried running with them, but after almost getting tripped a few times, I gave up on that. 

Once I got them back home I hopped in the shower and got ready to leave. I was meeting KB for lunch and then we were going downtown to the Rapids watch party at Jack Quinn's. Even though our friend no longer plays for the Rapids we wanted to go see some of our friends that we have made over the last few years. It was fun to see everyone and catch up. And the Rapids ended up tying, so that wasn't too bad. 

After the watch party I headed to Dutch Brothers for some delicious coffee and then dropped something off at my friend A's house and then headed over to a fundraiser for a friend of mine who is going to Uganda on a mission trip. They had great food, music and some awesome raffle prizes. And a few of my other friends were there and my friend Sarah who was visiting from North Carolina came too, so we just hung out and had a good time. And the best part is that my friend reached her fundraising goal! She is actually leaving for Uganda today. So please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. 

My friend Sarah who was in from out of town. 
Sunday I woke up around 8 and got some breakfast and just chilled on the couch for a bit and caught up on The Voice. Around noon I headed to the gym to work on climbing the rope for my upcoming Spartan Race. I did pretty well actually. I almost made it to the top, but lost the grip on my feet and couldn't manage to get it back. I did however manage to get rope burn and some nice blisters on both of my ring fingers! Fun stuff! And the gym only had a smurfs band-aid! Really?!


After the somewhat successful rope climb I headed out to Red Rocks to get some cardio in. It was a muddy mess. But it was great for training considering that is what I will be running in seven and half weeks from now. I can't wait! 

I of course stopped and got coffee from Dutch Brothers again and then headed over to visit my fam bam for a little bit before I had to go meet the Husband and a few friends for coffee. It was a good afternoon. I had a lot of fun visiting with everyone and got a great workout in. We spent the remainder of our night eating dinner and watching Big Hero 6, which was adorable. 

It was a busy but great weekend once again. I don't think I will ever have a mellow weekend again. I am just not meant to apparently. Oh well, live while you can, right? 

Hope everyone had a great weekend! 




Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR