Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Weekend Recap

It was another beautiful weekend here in Colorado and I made sure that I took advantage of it. It was once again a jam packed weekend, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I started my weekend off like I always do with a personal training session right after work. We did legs and it was a killer workout. My back was really sore from lifting the day before and then doing legs on top of that. It sucked. But I sucked it up and got through it. We also went over a few changes that I made to my nutrition and my workouts this week, but I will go into those a little bit more tomorrow for WIW. 

After my session I had to book it down to my Brothers house to pick up my Nieces. I took them to see Cinderella with one of my best friends, V, and her two little girls. The movie was really good! Cinderella has always been my favorite and they definitely did a great job with it. My youngest Niece fell asleep in my lap about 30 minutes in, but the other two stayed awake for the whole thing. After the movie we hit the photo booth, took a ton of pics and then headed home. 



Saturday I got up, got breakfast, did a few things around the house and then headed to the gym. I got a quick workout in. Just some cardio and core. I was pretty sore from the previous two days, so I decided to take it kinda easy. After the gym I ran a few errands, which included a stop at Dutch Brothers Coffee. I am absolutely in love with this place. And especially because they now have a Red Velvet Mocha! Probably the best coffee drink I have ever had. And that is saying something considering I am a sucker for Pumpkin Spice Latte's. But the Red Velvet Mocha has topped the Pumpkin Spice in my book. 


After amazing coffee, some grocery shopping, and a trip to the bank, I headed home. I had plans to get some laundry started and maybe do a little bit of cleaning, but I decided to take the dogs on a walk instead and got absolutely nothing done. It was too nice out. I couldn't resist. 

The Hubs had what they call their "Super Geeky Game Night" on Saturday which meant that I was on my own for the evening. So my friend A and I made plans to watch a few movies and eat some horrible food. I picked us up some pizza on the way over and after some pizza and a quick walk with A's dog we sat down and watched the movie "Crash". I had never seen it, but I was really impressed with it actually. It was a great movie. After the first movie we took a quick break and ran to the store for some ice cream and then came back and watched "Clerks 2". One of my favorite movies because of how funny it is, and one that I am always down for watching. 

Sunday I was up early so that I could meet A again for another hike. I took Bentley with me so that the Hubs could sleep with out being woke up by the dog. I was hoping for an uneventful hike this time around. And it was uneventful in that sense. But it was a great hike and the dogs enjoyed it very much. There were some gorgeous views during the hike and I am so glad that I brought my camera with me. 





After about a three hour hike, Bentley and I headed home where we met up with the Hubs and had some lunch. We also decided to make a stop at the batting cages, which was a lot of fun. I needed the practice. I start my Spring softball league tomorrow, so I wanted to go hit a few balls since it had been almost a year. We ran a few other errands and then met up with some friends for dinner at Old Chicago. Again, I ate horribly. And I definitely felt it afterwards. It happens. 

After dinner I went home and got to work on some laundry and the massive pile of dishes in the kitchen while the Hubs went and saw a movie with his friend. It was a quiet Sunday evening in our house and it was perfect for getting things done that I had put off all weekend. 

It was a good weekend again. Busy as usual. But that is  my life anymore. And I am completely okay with that. Hope you all had a great weekend too! 

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR