Thursday, February 12, 2015

This Week Got Away From Me

I'm not sure how, but this week definitely has gotten away from me. Oh that's right! It's called work. Damn that work keeping me busy and getting in the way. I guess that is part of being an adult, right?!

Few random things for you guys today. First, a friend of mine recommended a movie to me over the weekend so on Monday night I watched it. It's on Netflix and it is called "The Secret." Not going to lie, I wasn't really sure what to expect, but after watching it, I was blown away. It's a great movie that talks about the power of positive thinking. They go into a lot more detail than I obviously just did, but I was so blown away by what it was about that I have decided to try and adopt that type of thinking and apply it to all aspects of my life. Why not? We could all use a bit more positiveness in our lives. So if you have netflix, go watch it! 

I don't know if I have even shared this with you guys, but at the end of this month I am signed up to get my Zumba certification so that I can start teaching classes. Well Tuesday night something incredibly awesome happened. The instructor at my gym has been telling me for weeks that if I wanted to I could come up and teach a song or two of my own so that I could get the feel for it and see if I really liked it. So for the last few weeks I have been working on a routine to Meghan Trainor's "All About That Bass" and I was finally ready to teach it to the class. When I arrived to class on Tuesday my instructor informed me that she wasn't going to be able to teach class that night due to some family stuff going on and asked me if I would step in for her and teach the entire class. So I said yes!

She left me her iPod with all of her songs on it which helped a ton. We just did all of our normal songs. I also taught my song. And it seems that it went over really well with everyone! It was an awesome experience and feeling. When the class was done I realized that I definitely loved instructing and I can't wait to actually get my certification so that I can start teaching on a more regular basis. And I am so happy that it happened the way that it did because I didn't have a chance to think about it. I just did it. And I didn't have time to talk myself out of it and get nervous. I'm notorious for that. But this was spontaneous and it was awesome! 

I told you guys last week that I got free tickets to an advanced showing of  "The DUFF." Well we went and saw it last night and I freaking loved it. Definitely a chick flick, but hilarious. I would put this one up there with "Easy A" and "Pitch Perfect" as far as how funny it was. Definitely one of my new favorites! And how could I not like it when this guy was in the movie...


Yeah!! Gorgeous! Needless to say I will be buying this one when it comes out. And when it hits theaters, I recommend going and seeing it.

Okay everyone, that is all I have for you today. Good news is that tomorrow is Friday! And I have a three day weekend! Thank you President's Day! If I don't get a chance to stop in tomorrow, I hope everyone has a great weekend! 


Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR