Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Tuesday everyone! Today is technically my Monday. Because of President's Day yesterday, my office was closed so I had a glorious three day weekend! It came and went too quickly though as usual. 

Friday I left work around 3:30 and headed home to take the dogs on a walk. It was pretty nice out so I wanted to make sure that they got out of the house for a bit. After a good half hour long walk, I headed to my trainers studio for our weekly session. He kicked my ass once again. We did back and holy crap was I feeling it afterwards. Definitely felt it the next few days as well. After that I headed home and made dinner and did laundry and cleaned the rest of the night. Exciting, I know! 

Saturday I got up early and went to the gym. It was leg day and I love leg day. I hit a personal best on squats and was completely stoked about it! 185 lbs on my own for a full set of 8 with no spot!!  Still pretty excited about this. It set the tone for my whole day. 

After the gym I had to go pick up Louie from the groomers where I had dropped him off earlier that morning. He got de-fluffed. He needed it badly though. After picking him up I went to the bank and then headed home for a bit before I had to have my car at the dealership for a routine service. While I was back at the house my SIL and  Brother called and asked if I was home. They said they had a surprise for us. So they stopped by for a few minutes and dropped off this really cool Colorado flag that I have been wanting for a while. I have an amazing family! And I can't wait to get this thing hung up! 


After my family left, I took the car in, they did their thing and then I went and did some grocery shopping and then headed home to spend a little bit of time with the Husband. 

The Hubs and I don't usually celebrate Valentine's Day and this year was no exception. I'm not a huge fan of it. I think it is way over hyped, over priced and if you need one day a year to make you do something nice for the person you love, then something is wrong. You should want to do something for them all the time. Just saying. So needless to say we didn't have any plans to do any type of celebrating so when my Brother asked if I would watch my Nieces and Nephew I obliged. So I headed over there that evening and we made cookies and watched some movies while they went out to dinner. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them and I always love hearing what they have to say. My favorite thing of the night was my youngest Niece actually saying "I Love You Meme!" My heart melted. It was adorable. 

Sunday was a lazy day. The dogs actually let me sleep til about 9:30. I couldn't believe it, but very much appreciated it. Got up and did some dishes and cleaning around the house. Nothing too eventful. Spent my evening on the couch watching Saturday Night Live's 40th Anniversary special with the Husband. It was incredible! I laughed the whole time. And hands down, this was the best part of the show...


Wayne's World! Wayne's World! Party time! Excellent!!! 

Monday I got up early on my day off and went to the gym. Yeah, didn't even sleep in. What is wrong with me?! Got a great upper body workout in. Definitely feeling that today! Yikes! Also got a great two hour long hike in with Bentley and one of my friends. It was snowing like crazy the whole time, but it was awesome! Bentley definitely enjoyed it. Also watched a few movies and then ran a few errands with the Hubs once he got home from work. We went and grabbed some dinner at Chick-Fil-A too. Oh! And our new washer was finally delivered yesterday! You know you are an adult when you get excited about a new washer and dryer. Oh and about new towel racks. Yeah, I was excited to get new towel racks. Smh. 

It was a good weekend to say the least. Wish it would have been longer. And warmer. The snow moved in on Sunday and it got cold real quick. I knew the really nice warm weather wouldn't stick around for long. It never does this time of year. Oh well, Spring and Summer will be here before we know it and it will be nice all the time! Yay! I can't wait!

Hope you all had a great weekend! And hope that you didn't have to work yesterday too! Have a great Tuesday everyone! 


Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR