Monday, February 9, 2015

Weekend Recap

Good Morning everyone! 

It's Monday. And I am especially tired after this weekend. But I had a great weekend so I will try not to complain too much. 

It was once again a busy one. We started the weekend out by going to dinner at one of our favorite places, Kneaders. We finished up our dinner and then headed out to go bowling with two of our friends. We hadn't been bowling in forever. I can't even remember the last time that we went. But we had a blast. We bowled three games and I won the last one. It also took me til the last game to finally bowl a strike. Spares on the other hand, I was the Queen of those the entire night. 

Saturday was hectic. I was up early so that I could try and squeeze everything in that I needed to get done. I went to the gym first and got my workout in. I had to cut it a bit short which sucked, but it happens. I ran to Kohl's to buy us some new sheets because Bentley decided that he wanted to tear a whole in our flat sheet. Thanks Bentley! And then I did all of our grocery shopping for the week before heading home to get ready to head out East. 

After a shower, which was much needed after the gym, I made a stop at Starbucks and then headed out East to hang out with my friends. We went to my friends little brothers basketball game, which was super intense! They ended up going into overtime and won by one point with 2.5 seconds left in the game! We were going nuts. It was pretty awesome! 

Waiting in the drive through at Starbucks. It was a long line!
After the game we headed back to my friends parents house where we immediately got to work on some food for the ladies night that we were having out there. We made stuffed mushrooms and quite possibly my newest favorite dessert ever. I'm sure some of you have tried the Oreo truffle balls that you make with Oreo's, cream cheese and dipping chocolate. Well I saw the Red Velvet Oreo's at the store this weekend and decided to make them with those instead! Holy crap! They were freaking delicious! Too bad the Oreo's are a limited edition thing. But that is probably also a good thing because I would be eating them way too much if they were around all the time. They are good. Make sure you try them while they are out in stores. You won't be disappointed. 


Red Velvet Oreo Truffles! Amazeballs!
We had a great time at Ladies Night. There were a ton of vendors, great food and of course great people! We definitely enjoyed a few glasses of wine too! It was a fun night, but a late one too. I ended up not getting home til 1:30 which normally wouldn't be a huge deal on a Saturday but I had to be up early on Sunday so that made things a whole lot different. 


Sunday I was up early again. It was the Hubbs Birthday and I told him that for his Birthday I would let him sleep in as long as he wanted. Which normally would be like 2 or 3 pm. So I told him that I would go hiking and be gone for most of the morning so that I wouldn't be there to wake him up and pester him. He was all on board for this idea. He likes to sleep. 

So I got up early and headed over to my friends house so that we could go hiking. We have both been getting pretty bored with our usual spot so we decided to go somewhere else. We headed up to the back side of Pike's Peak to do the Devil's Playground Trail. We were heading up the road to get to the parking lot and there was still quite a bit of snow up there even with the crazy warm weather we have been having. So we got out and locked his 4 wheel drive in to help us get up this road. Well we got about half a mile away from the parking lot and had to stop because there was a car stuck up ahead of us. 

My friend being the nice guy that he is got out and helped get this guy out along with a few other people that were already up there too. After about half an hour they got the guy out but then we all had to back down this small road and then we got stuck. So another half hour or so later and we finally got ourselves dug out and up to the parking lot. It was definitely a frustrating start to the morning, but once we got on the trail we didn't care anymore. It was a great hike. It was a long one too. Because of all of the snow it took us a bit longer, but we hiked up to just above the tree line. It was so freaking nice out too. It was a great day for a hike. And I got Bentley out of the house which was an added bonus. 




After our hike we headed back into town and Bentley and I went home to spend the rest of the day with the Hubbs. We went out to dinner for his Birthday. I kept asking him where he wanted to go and he couldn't decide. We ended up going to Village Inn of all places. I was kind of surprised by this, but he wanted some pancakes so it worked out. After dinner we headed home and he watched the Walking Dead and I took a bath and then started watching the Grammy's. I didn't even make it all the way through til the end of the show. I fell asleep with about 45 minutes left. Oops! What can I say? I was spent after the day I had. 

It was a great weekend. And it was gorgeous out. Like 60+ degrees. I think it actually got into the 70's on Saturday.  I will take it though. Hopefully it sticks around for a while. I mean I already have some color on my face and arms and it is only the second week of February. Yeah, I'm pretty excited about that. 

Hope you all had a great weekend as well. Thanks for stopping in today! 




Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR