Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cats That Act Like Dogs


Sheldon when he was about two and half months old
If you have read my "About Me" page, then you know that my fiancee and I have two cats, Sheldon and Beckett, who are both boys if you were wondering. I swear they are not normal cats. I have owned cats since I can remember and I don't ever remember any of them acting the way that these two do. Some days I think they act more like dogs than they do cats. Now don't get me wrong, I love my kitties, but this morning I was so angry at one of them. At some point in the night, I had kicked the cats out of our room so that they would quit bothering me so that I could sleep. So, what did they decide to do? Well, I can only assume that it was Beckett who jumped up on the shelf where I keep my purse, and decided to pull my BRAND NEW gloves out of my purse. I just bought these gloves and they were the really cute kind that had no finger tips and then have the little mit part that pulls over.
But anyways, I came out of my room this morning to find that Beckett had chewed a hole in my new gloves. Right on the thumb! I have never had a cat that has chewed. This isn't the first time that one of them has gotten into my purse either. A few weeks ago I came out and found that they had pulled these two bags of Dove chocolates out of my purse and actually ate one of them.

Beckett when he was about two months old
We can't keep any food on the counters, even if it is in a bag like bread or chips, because they get up there and eat that too. And I know that cats are naturally curious, but they are super curious about everything. They have learned how to open the door to our washer and dryer. They have learned how to open all of the bottom cabinets in the kitchen and tend to make a mess doing it. Like last weekend for example. I left the house pretty early to meet my sister-in-law to do some shopping. Well Aran was home, but he was sleeping so he didn't hear anything that was going on. The cats decided to open the cabinet underneath the sink and pulled out a bag of orchid potting mix. Not only did they drag the bag out of the cabinet, but somehow managed to open it and then drag it across our living room carpet! Aran later woke up to find the mess and as he described it to me over the phone, all I could think was that our carpet was probably stained, but luckily the potting mix was just a blend of wood chips and a few other things and came right up. Phew!


Like I said, I don't think my cats are normal. Here are some more things that have me questioning if they were actually supposed to be dogs. We have taught them how to sit using treats. They like to play in the water while we are taking showers, which Aran and I have always found strange. Our older cat (by 3 weeks) Sheldon, plays fetch. We didn't even teach him that one, he figured it out on his own. I'm sure there are other things, but I can't seem to think of them right now. Even though they drive me crazy some days because they get into so much stuff, I love them and I can't imagine not having them. They are so freaking cute that it is impossible to be mad at them for a long period of time. But, I thought I would share a little bit about my crazy kitties and some of their ridiculous antics. Enjoy the picture below of them at Christmas time!
Sheldon and Beckett in the Christmas Tree!
They thought it was their own personal play toy.




The ornament graveyard! These are all of the ornaments that
the cats knocked off while climbing in the tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR