Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bouquet & Garter Toss

With "Single Ladies" playing in the background it was time to toss the bouquet. As all of the single ladies took the floor, I was trying to figure out how I was going to toss this bouquet without hitting the ceiling. All of the ladies were lined up and waiting for the big moment. I was hoping there wouldn't be any cat fights, but ya never know.





Fortunately there were no cat fights and I didn't hit the ceiling. Yay me! And of course the lucky lady that caught the bouquet was...

my little sister! Which isn't surprising because first of all she was about 3 or 4 inches taller than almost everyone, and she plays basketball so it was just like catching a rebound for her, haha!

After the bouquet had been tossed and all the claws had been retracted, it was time for the Garter toss. I really went back and forth on whether or not to do this. I just wasn't sure that I wanted Aran rooting around underneath my dress in front of all of our guests. But, we decided to do it. We had them play "Foxy Lady" by Jimi Hendrix, which in my world is better known as the song that Garth daydreams to in Wayne's World. Looking back on it now, I'm not really sure why we picked this song, but it was funny. Especially when Aran started doing the "I'm Not Worthy" dance around me before hand. 





Aran dove into the mountain of tulle that was my dress and initially pulled off the wrong garter. Oops! So he had to dive back in to the puff ball of tulle again and get the correct one. Once he had the correct garter, the few guys that were brave enough to step onto the floor prepared to do the five d's. Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge the garter to the best of their abilities.

















And the person that got the garter was...

my cousin Dominic! He doesn't quite understand this whole thing yet, but he was really excited, so we just let him have his moment.

Thinking back on it, I am glad that we decided to do both of these. They are fun memories to think about and the pictures are good for a few laughs, so all in all, it was worth it.

Photobucket

Need to catch up?

Arrivals
Hunting Down Tuxedos
A Morning of Getting Beautified
Venue Set Up
A Rehearsal & A Dinner
Bridal Party Gifts Part 1
Bridal Party Gifts Part 2
Bridal Party Gifts Part 3
Getting Ready-Hair & Make-Up
Getting Dressed: The Groom & His Fellas
Getting Dressed: The Flower Girls
Getting Dressed: The Bride & Her Ladies 
The Ceremony 
Formal Photos 
Photo Fun: The Groom & His Fellas 
Photo Fun: The Bride & Her Ladies
Photo Fun in the Snow 
A Girl Needs Her Accessories
With These Rings We Wed
Table Decor
Wishing Tree
Our Entrance 
Speech, Speech, Speech 
Candy Buffet: The Favor Box 
Candy Buffet: The Finished Product 
Our Cake 
Let Them Eat Cake 
First Dance 
Father Daughter Dance 
Mother Son Dance
Strike a Pose & Create a Memory

2 comments:

  1. OMG, we are trying to pick our songs now and it SUCKS! I love the "Foxy lady" idea.... I might steal it? Is that OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Ha, I love that a little boy caught the garter!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR