Tuesday, February 12, 2013

While The Humans Are Away, The Cats Will Play


And destroy things in the process. 

Let me set the scene. I come home from work and walk in the door. When I walk in, I see that one of the dining room chairs has been knocked over. 


I say something to the Husband along the lines of "What were they doing?", to which he replies, "You haven't seen the worst of it yet."

So I walk around the corner into the kitchen and this is what I see...





Ummmm..........Yeah! 

Apparently my kitties decided that they just had to HAVE this toy that was up on the shelf. So somehow they got up there and knocked down everything humanly possible during the process. And of course we had some special/limited edition Dr. Pepper glass bottles up on the top shelf. So of course their was glass and soda all over the floors, the walls, you name it, it was there. I can't believe that out of all seven of them, only two broke. So I guess really it could have been much worse.

And of course, since this had happened earlier in the day, we didn't know which one of them did it, so we couldn't be mad at them. Actually we were left speechless and somewhat impressed at their determination to get that damn toy. But, I was not particularly happy that I had to clean that shiz up. It was sticky and there was glass everywhere. 

So, the moral of the story is that you shouldn't leave fuzzy, dangly, jingly things on a shelf that has breakable stuff on it. Because some way or another, your kitties will climb that shelf like they were bitten by a radioactive spider and destroy anything that gets in their way. My kitchen is proof of that.



Megan

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha oh man, that sucks. Big A and I talk about putting a camera up to see what Mr. Fresh does when we are gone! Animals are strange! Hope today is less eventful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....I can't wait until you're a mommy. :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh what a mess! Cats will go to great lengths to get what they want, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR