Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Summer Project List

Happy Hump Day everyone! I hope your week is going by quickly. 

Today I wanted to share with you guys what is on the Elliott's summer project list. The Hubby and I sat down the other night and made a list of all the things that we wanted to get done around the house this summer. And I love making lists, so it was perfect. 

We talked about a lot of different things, but we wanted to keep the costs to a minimum, so we really tried to  keep the list as small and manageable as possible. 

Here is what our list looks like so far:

-Build a stone patio off of the back deck. Possibly to include a bad ass fire pit!

-Remove all of the ugly river rock that surrounds the grass in the front yard and replace it with prettier rock

-Replace the solar lights that are on our deck that don't work

-Replace the sliding screen door on the patio. The frame is bent to hell and doesn't want to slide very well

-Clean out the little ravine at the bottom of our yard and possibly put a few plants down there along with some rock

-Remove the ugly bushes that are in the front of the house

-Replace the window that looks out onto the back yard. The seal is broken on it so it lets in hot and cold air

-Replace outside lights

Now that I am looking at it, it is actually a pretty big list. Luckily, some of the things aren't going to cost us a ton, but a few of them are going to be kind of pricey, so we will see how much we actually get done. 

Hopefully we can at least get the patio done and a few of the other smaller projects. We might have to save up for a few of the other things, but eventually they will get done.

Do you guys have any summer projects planned? 


Megan

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could sit down and make a list... but we are probably going to be moving in the next few months. Or I guess I should say, we are HOPING to be moving in the next few months :) I hate being in limbo!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR