Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekend Recap

My weekend was pretty busy. I mean after all it was Easter weekend. 

Friday night I headed home after work. Once we figured out what we wanted for dinner, I headed out to grab it. Once I got back we turned on Hulu+ and started watching old episodes of SNL. Mostly the Justin Timberlake episodes, but I did watch the Taylor Swift episode. I didn't know that she even hosted SNL. It was pretty hilarious.

After I had finished my dinner and was still in the process of watching SNL, I figured I should probably finish a project that I started a few weeks ago. Especially since it was an Easter project. 

Last summer I had picked up this twig wreath at a garage sale for $1 and I had been looking for something to do with it. So I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of plastic eggs. I glued them around the wreath using hot glue and then attached a plastic sparkly bow. I thought it turned out pretty good. 


Saturday morning after getting around, I headed out to run some errands. First I stopped at Goodwill where I found this absolutely gorgeous dresser. I wanted this thing so bad and I even had the Hubby convinced, but when it came down to it, I just couldn't pay $125 for a dresser that I was going to have to put some work into. 


After leaving Goodwill I ran a few more errands, which included going to see my Nieces. Miss Rylei looked adorable as ever! And she just cut her first tooth!


After visiting my Nieces, I headed home to get ready to head up to the Hubby's parents house. After getting all of our stuff ready, and all of Louie's stuff, we made the hour long trip up to his parents. We ate dinner and then got ready for Easter Vigil Mass.

Easter Vigil Mass lasted about three and a half hours. So after talking to a few people after church, we got back to Aran's parents house around midnight. We all grabbed a small snack and then headed to bed. 

We got up Easter morning and kind of just lounged around for a little bit. I ate my small chocolate bunny that my MIL got for me and I also had a few jellybeans. Hey, it was Easter after all :) Around 2 we had a very early dinner and it was delicious. After dinner we headed home since we both had work the next morning. 

Louie and Aran in the car on the way home. 

Once we got home we didn't do much else. I got a spring cleaning bug and cleaned our entire room and did all of my laundry. What??!!!! It must have been the nice weather. It made me feel motivated. Yeah, we will go with that. 

It was a great weekend. We spent time with our families and celebrated the Resurrection of Jesus. I don't think it can get much better than that. 

I hope that you all had a great weekend!



Megan

2 comments:

  1. I saw the picture of the dresser and thought "Man, why does everybody find all the awesome stuff at Goodwill and all I can find is old picture frames." Then I saw the price tag. Yikes!

    They Call Me Gypsy Queen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that wreath?! Glad you had a good Easter :) That is a fab dresser!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR