Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend Recap

Well, it's Monday. Dang! What happened to the weekend? It was gone before I could even blink. Oh well. Back to the grind I guess. 

My weekend was pretty uneventful. Friday night after getting off work and dropping the Husband off at home, I headed to the gym. I spent a good two hours there. And after the day that I had at work, I definitely needed the distraction. It was nice to get away from everything for a few hours. 

After I left the gym, I grabbed some dinner to take home for the Hubs and myself and then did nothing the rest of the night. It was glorious. And since I knew that I had a long day ahead of me on Saturday, I went to bed a little early. I know, I know! We really know how to party it up on a Friday night!

Saturday morning I woke up and went to the gym. This time for an hour of Zumba. After I sweated my ass off at Zumba, I very quickly got dressed and then headed out to meet my friend KB for a celebratory lunch! Our least favorite coach on the planet had announced on Friday that he was leaving the Colorado Rapids and going to FC Dallas. So we decided that a lunch was in order to celebrate his departure. At least it made for a good excuse for us to go have some delicious food at Salsa Brava. 

After we were done with lunch I actually had to head into work for a few hours. Things have been so crazy at work that I just have not been able to accomplish a lot during the day because of all the distractions/interruptions. So it kind of became necessary to get caught up to go in for a few hours. And my time was well spent. I got some things done that I hadn't had the time to do earlier in the week, so really it ended up being a very productive three hours. And because of those three hours, I will hopefully be a lot less stressed this week. Fingers crossed anyways. 

After I left work, I had a few places that I had to go to, so I did all of that running around before heading home. I once again grabbed some dinner to take home and then the Hubby and I spent the rest of the night watching Football. Again, just another low key and kind of relaxing night. 

Sunday morning I tried to sleep in but it didn't happen. But it ended up working out because I had a ton of crap to do before the Broncos game, so it was good that I was up early. First thing I did was go do all of our grocery shopping for the week. Once I was done with that my Brother and his family came over for a few minutes to pick something up from us. And after they left we went on a short walk with our dog, Louie. Of course this freak snow storm had rolled in on us when we were walking, so we kept the walk kind of short. 

The rest of the day was spent cleaning, cooking and watching my Broncos beat the Chargers. Not going to lie, the game was making me have really bad anxiety. Especially towards the end. Ugh! It was awful. But in the end we pulled out the win and are moving onto the AFC Championship game. I am excited about this, but not excited to be playing the Patriots. It is definitely going to be a good and probably very close game. But let's not worry about that til next Sunday!

How was everyone else's weekend? Did you guys do anything fun? Hope you all had a great weekend. And I hope your Monday goes by quickly and painlessly! Have a great day everyone!


Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are way rad and totally make my day. I love reading each and everyone one of them :)

 
DESIGN BY THE BLOG DECORATOR